Wednesday, October 28, 2009

{Why dad???? WHY?}


You know that I am on a donut cut off.
I'm going at it cold turkey.
I have a vacation with tight clothes I'm trying to fit into.
I have bluntly asked you to NOT bring
fresh, chocolate dripping, Dunford donuts to my home.
The temptation is too great.
Are you trying to sabotage my fried food sobriety?

Last night I caved.
A cloudy hand with a "come here" finger was calling me
 from a white, waxed bag on my counter,
(THE ONE MY DAD BROUGHT OVER!)
I slowly approach.
The scent was surrounding my nostrils. Holding them hostage.
My mind said, "run Jolie.....run away NOW".
It was too late. I was already a prisoner.
In a trans, my hand reached in and found what my mouth had been seaching for.
A fudge covered cinnibun.
The entire thing was gone in 5 seconds!

I am now feeling discusted, shameful and a little like Homer Simpson (mmmmm donuts).
DAD! You know I have absolutely NO control over sugary fried carbs!!!!
You see people, my dad too is a donut addict.
It's not all our fault.
They say some addictions are genetic.
We come from a long line of donut abusers.

I hope one day to be able to say,
"I see that donut......I don't need that donut"
I know my life can be a full of sweetness.......without donuts!
(P.S. the above picture statement is ABSOLUTELY true!
A dozen......ALL in one sitting. I'm seriously a sick individual.)

4 comments:

lisa_sims said...

I too am a donut freak...reading this makes me want my own dozen! I like am, me kids love 'em, and I too blame my father....it is a disease of it's own. Maybe we should start a support group?

Anonymous said...

The Cure: VODKA :)>

Jolie said...

Lisa....
I was thinking of your addiction to donuts too while I was writing this. No wonder we are good friends! Birds of a feather drink wine and eat donuts together!

Jolie said...

Anon.......You are killing me!

Vodka IS the answer to ALL problems. ohhhhhh, I wonder what a donut tastes like dunked in vodka???? hmmmmmmm