Friday, October 9, 2009

{Rock-n-Roll...
Snakes....
Dragonflies}




While Randy and Jax were in Arizona,
Me, Riv and Aunt T bought $15 concert tix for Staind and Creed.
The concert was at the E-Center and was only 1/2 sold out.
A concert employee walked up to us and gave us tickets to move closer!!!!!!
The $60 section!
Freakin' A!!!!
This was unexpectedly AWESOME!!!


The first band to open was called
"like-a-storm"
They were very serious about making their "rock" debut!
Cute, but made me laugh the whole time because they reminded me of garage bands that I used to hang with in high school.
Riv got a signed poster. Who know's....maybe someday this could be worth something?!?!?



The pictures say it all!!!!
OHHHHHH!  he sang "It's been a while" acoustic!
I was melting.......


Scott Stapp.....my, my, my!
He was on top of his game!
Sweat dripping from the ends of his shirt because it couldn't hold anymore.
He was passionate and theatrical through the ENTIRE show!!
Tracy said, "he keeps looking at you"
I said, "I thought he was looking at you"
Riv said, "Okay, okay....he was looking at me :)"


FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
Awesome pyrotechnics.
Of course the song "Arms wide open" was emotional for me.
I was in my highest happiness with my son sitting next to me.....
Riv was in his highest embarrassment with his mom singing this song to him and crying!
One day.....one day.....he will understand.




The next morning we went to a fabulous breakfast.
Riv loved making my coffee just perfect with one packet of splenda and a splash of milk.
He was proud to know exactly how I like it.


Sugarhouse park was just up the road, so we decided to walk off the pancake overload.
We walked/ran around the entire park.  People watching and enjoying the perfect weather.
Riv couldn't resist the hill.  Rolling in goose poo was NOT the funnest part!


So then.......Riv's ears piped up when the radio advertised a reptile convention going on at the fair grounds.
"Mom!!!  Mom!!!!  I've just gotta see this!!!"


This kid of mine is not freaked out by ANYTHING!!!!
He tried real hard not to beg for one of these to come home with us.
I tried real hard to keep my heebie geebies contained, and the barf from actually spewing from my mouth!
Not kidding!



As we were leaving the creep-a-thon,
this beauty flew right between us and landed at our feet.
Those that know me, know that I LOVE dragonflies.
I have never seen a red one or one so large and magnificent.
Riv said that it was fate, and a sign of love and energy.
I proudly agreed.
That's my boy.

1 comment:

paula said...

These snakes and such freak me out. River is quite brave. I am still so bummed I didn't go to the concert with you but appreciate the phone call during "Arms Wide Open". It was the closest thing to being there and that's my favorite song of theirs. Good to hear they've got their shit together after the last time we saw them and they were such ASSHOLES!