Thursday, October 29, 2009

{Torn between two loves}



Yes......what you are looking at is my lost  wedding ring (left), along side my new wedding ring.
I found the original yesterday.
The details of the find, are bizarre and almost chilling.
Let's just say, I think paranormal activity was involved.
I will go into that on another post.

I called my insurance agent today, to let him know that the M.I.A. ring was not so M.I.A.
It was the right thing to do,
morally and legally.
Truthfully, I am not ready to be somebody's bitch in 10 x 10 cell
because of insurance fraud!

The really, really shitty thing about this is,
that my options are heartbreaking.

1~pay every little penny back to the insurance company
(they don't take payments)
2~Give them one of my rings

I seriously can not justify having two (expensive) wedding rings.

I have grown to absolutely love the new ring.

The old ring holds many memories and sentimental value.
AND......I think they are both beautiful.


This makes me as sick as the day I lost the damn thing!!!!!!!

How do you decide between two loves?
What do I do?????

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Dear Abby,
my beautiful niece lost, then found her original wedding ring. In the interum, she was led to another wedding ring which comes wrapped in it's own love story. She was paid by her insurance company for the loss of the first ring. She paid a fair price for the second ring to a couple in dire need. Should she pay back the insurance company and keep them both?
What to do??
Yours Truley,
Aunt T.

Dear Aunt T.,
I trust your lovely niece is an honorable woman so my answer is this...OF COURSE SHE SHOULD KEEP THEM BOTH!! A gal should have at LEAST two, if not three, wedding sets to accessorise her carefully planned outfits whether she goes with gold, white gold or platinum on any given day. I personally have acquired five different rings over the years. I adore each and every one of them, since each holds their own unique story of different periods in my fabulous life. If possible, dear niece, find a way to pay off the insurance company and revel in your well-deserved great fortune. You ROCK X 2!!
Sincerely,
Abigail

paula said...

Are you serious?! We joked about this earlier today but I didn't think it would actually come to this. Oh my hell. This is a tough decision. Here is my advice...since you're asking.

Because you OBVIOUSLY can't get rid of your original wedding ring, really the two options are 1) give back the NEW ring OR 2) pay for the new ring by giving the insurance company their money back. Take this into consideration....if you give them the new ring back-you are really giving them more money than they gave you. You got the ring for a total steal PLUS-you added two bands to it. The insurance company would be making money off you. Keep the new ring, give the insurance company the money for it and if you're still sick about having both rings, sell the new ring for what it's worth.....maybe by then Chelsea will be able to buy it back.

This is just my humble opinion.
Good Luck girl-this just sucks!

Amie said...

I agree with Paula! This is just unbelievable!! Can't wait to hear the whole story!!!