Friday, October 16, 2009

{Stupid, stupid sick season!}


I am supposed to be in Arizona right now visiting my mother-in-law.  I chose to stay home to take care of my baby.
Right thing to do.......but it still sucks!




  It is sick season, and the  doctor's office was full, and anyone with a cough had to wear a mask.
The doctor didn't wait for the test results to come back, and diagnosed Jax with swine flu.  He started on tamaflu.
The results came back yesterday.....no swine.  Thank goodness!  Fevers are gone, but he is still coughing uncontrollably with snot dripping down his lip. 


Being quarantined to the house for DAYS......brought out the Betty, Julia, Martha in me.
We made a double chocolate cake with fudge icing for aunt Janin's birthday,
muffins, breads, soups and casseroles.
A lot of comfort foods.
Yes, Jax being sick is getting me fat!





I know aunt J. would have loved this chocolate dream.
Probably one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made!




3 comments:

paula said...

When I got home last night I realized I forgot to eat a piece of this. I'm seriously bummed.....especially after seeing how delicious it looks. OH MY!

Amie said...

Are you sick with "suzy homemaker flu"! WTF! Well at any rate....I am very proud of you! What kind of soup?

I am so glad Jax is feeling better and it wasn't actually the piggy flu!

Chelise said...

Man, oh man, do I wish you were here, with me, making all that yummy stuff!! I'm going to go raid my pantry for any kind of chocolate love I can find!! Thanks alot you lil Effin Betty Crocker you!!