Monday, October 19, 2009

{Lake Point}



Sunday afternoon, we drove to Lake Point.
Along the way, we picked wild sunflowers to put on her grave.
We had a fall wreath, ribbon and grapevine that added to the decor.
Fallen leaves from a nearby tree skirted the frame of her memorial.
"It turned out beautiful momma", Jax said.
We all tearfully agreed.


We didn't want to impose on Uncle Randy, but we all longed to see him and the Jackman crew.
After a brief call, we were invited to his home.







The kids were precious!
Beautiful
Funny
Full of personality!



Uncle Randy told us of his daily routine.
This collage lies next to his bed.
When he wakes, he looks at it.
I'm sure many emotions vary with each glance.
We laughed at the family's transformations through the picture years,
and agreed that Janin just kept getting prettier with age.

It was a day of sorrow and joy,
and tears came for both.
My grandma needed this day.
I am happy that we could come together to give it to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This is a shout out for my lil' rocker buddy, Madison!
You and me girl!
Next concert for sure!

3 comments:

Chelise said...

Beautiful day....It's what life is all about! Don't cha think?? I am so happy for Grandma. I know she must have enjoyed herself so much! Reagan is a beauty:)) Thanks for sharing these Jol-

I wish I was there:))

Grandma lpb said...

10/20/2009

Photo story of Sunday, Oct 18, is so poignant and meaningful, doing justice to what for me was one of the most heart and soul full days of my life. Certainly, emotions ran the gamut.
Thanks so much, Jolie and Randy, for making that day possible for Tracy Carol and me.

The photo of the 3 Rs: Reagan Janin, Randy D, Randy J. is one Janin would so appreciate.

Being with my great grands is my richest treasure--beyond fame, beauty, accolades.

Of course, Janin often reminded me I possess all of the above treasures and attributes in addition to my flock of gorgeous, smart, healthy great grands.
Hey!

My new hairdo is WOW! My Village People here at City Plaza are raving about it.

Jolie said...

Yay!!! grandma's comment worked. Can't wait to see your new ultra-modern hair cut!!!

Chelise.....we missed you and Elise there too. We were thinking about you two while we were sitting on the grass at the cemetary....just felt like we should all be together at that moment.