Monday, March 29, 2010



{No matter where they come from}


Jax went to this movie months ago when it opened in the theaters.
He called me on his way home......bawling.
He just kept saying,
"I love you mommy.  Thanks for being such a good mom.  Thanks for adopting me."
He had been impatiently waiting for the movie to be released on video so that he could buy it with his birthday money.
It was very important for him to have us, as a family, watch it.   Saturday night was "The Blind Side Family Movie Night."
I think this could possibly be my most favorite movie ever!
From the start, I was in tears.
Tears from the beautiful love story between a sweet, strong boy and a family who embraced him into their lives.
But also tears because of the reasons why this movie meant so much to my son.....It tells me of his genuine heart to have compassion and understanding, to walk his big feet in someone else's shoes.
I loved this story, I love this family,  and I love Sandra Bullock even more than I did before watching this movie (you know she's my wish upon a movie star BFF!).....she steals your heart in this role.  After seeing this movie, I admire and thank her for the line in her Oscar acceptance speech,

 "I would like to thank what this film is about for me, which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children, no matter where they come from. Those moms and parents never get thanked." 

Of course, this struck a cord with me.
Of course, It made me feel recognized.
Of course, It made me proud.
Of course, It made me appreciate my role in my boys' lives.
I'm a lucky person, blind sided by the love of my babies.....
no matter where they come from.

 

6 comments:

paula said...

Bawling my eyes out right now....so true. Glad you FINALLY saw it.

susie said...

I'm with Paula...this post made me so vaclemped (I think my spelling is a little off).

Anonymous said...

Sandra is our sweetheart...what a beautiful movie to share with the boys. How many hankies did Randy use?


Auntie E

Chelise said...

Can't wait to see it!! Thanks for your review. Sandra and I have a date to bawl togetha ASAP!

lisa_sims said...

I can't wait to see this movie. I thought of you and your beautiful little family while listening to that same speech. What a loving person you are to open your heart and your home to those babies. I envy that!

Anonymous said...

03/31/2013

Jolie, Randy, River, Jax:

Can you imagine how related to this film you'd be--back there ten years ago-- when you picked out your kid who, so to speak, blindsided the course of your lives?

I just love you sharing this blog with us, Jolie.
But you know what? I'm not encouraging a big guy football career for Jax. More like the artistic field, please.

Or, you could be an architect, Jax--you and River together.
Artistic Architects.

Great Grandma B