Thursday, April 7, 2011

{Give em the ol' 1-2}


The boys had their first "boxing for fitness" class yesterday.


Their trainer started with a warm-up of jumping jacks, stretches, push-ups, and running the basketball court.


After only an hour they had learned the initial punching techniques, pivots, and face blocks.
If the boys weren't breathing, or following the direction as instructed, they would have to stop, center, and do 5 more jumping jacks.
The trainer ROCKS!!!
He is funny and kind, yet pushes you to do it right!
No slackers allowed on his time clock!


Next week they will start on the heavy punching bags and that hangy ball bag that you punch real fast.
(ew!!!  I said hangy ball bag)

blddd blddd blddd blddd
(my sound effect of punching the bag)


I spoke to the trainer after class.
I mentioned that this was so much fun to watch and that
I was wanting to jump up and throw some punches myself.
He informed me that he will be teaching an adult class right after the boys'.
So!!!  Guess what my next endeavor will be?????
UMMM HMMMMM
I'ma gonna, I'ma gonna, I'ma gonna 
be queen of the hangy ball bag!!!!
OHHHH!!! I can't wait!
If anyone would like to join the boxing fitness revolution with me, let me know and I will send you the info.
At this point, I believe that I am the only student in the class (LOL), so it could be lots-o-fun having a small group of friends do this together!!!
COME ON FRIENDS!!!!!
Who's with me????

5 comments:

Aunt T. said...

Ever get hit in the face by one of those hangy ball bags?? Well, I have and I'm still not over it! I'll stick to punching my way out of paper bags, angry mobs, and relationships, thanks tho. ;)

Megan said...

This is so AWESOME!! Growing up I always wanted to be a boxer. Not even kidding. I was so quiet and shy and I just really wanted to punch something. (okay that sounds worse then it was) BUT my parents wouldn't let me. Whenever I watch a boxing movie I get all excited and think it is totally something I would STILL love to do. You ROCK! Let me just say that. Your 40's are A~MAY~ZING!!!

Jolie said...

So Aunt T....
what you're saying is you've been T-Bagged and don't necessarily enjoy it?
I don't know many women who do lol!

Jolie said...

Megan....OH MY HELL!!! I love finding out new things about my friends!! You just blew me over with a feather!
I think it's kick-ass that you wanted to be a boxer!!! I can relate to the quiet and shy....it creates pent up anger/energy inside!! I've wanted to use people's heads as punching bags many times!!!
It's not too late girlfriend!!!
Go find trainer to teach you how to jab and hook!!!! I bet you can get into classes everywhere!! It's all rage. Our classes are only $30/month which is totally affordable!!! Check it out!!!
I would love to see a pic of you with your gloves on and a killer look in your eye!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, why are you paying to have the boys learn to box, I have seen them in a royal boxing match on the trampoline, they don't need lessons.

E