Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{London bridges falling down}


As the itinerary and reservations for the upcoming London get-a-way were starting to become a reality, I had to pull the reigns in and make the decision to cancel.
Auntie E had all the times and hook-ups set.
All I had to do was input my credit card number and hit the "pay now" button.
My little arrow cursor was ready to click.... and then I stopped.
I thought, "I'd better double check everything one more time before I commit this kind of non-refundable money".
I'm glad I did.
I had it in my hard head that the boys didn't start school until the first week in September which would have worked out FAB since I would just be getting back and not have to miss but maybe a day or two of helping them.
After further research, I discovered that they both start the last week in August.
THE WEEK I WOULD BE GONE!!!
This creates many problems.....
1) I actually have to teach one of these here kids...yes, we are homeschooling again next year
2) I have to shuttle the other one of these kids back and forth to school, appointments, and activities
3) No sense on Randy taking a week+a half of vaca when he can't even go anywhere and have fun experiences with the boys.....
So yah.....I'm facing the fiddler.
It's times like this that you realize the true commitment of being a mother.
AND I'm not saying that to sound like a martyr, because I despise martyr-ism!
I'm saying that because it's just the truth.

I'm ok with it.
I always manage to get my time in somehow....
It's just going to have to be contained to this country's borders for a few more years.

goodbye London...
goodbye London fashion....
goodbye London pubs....
goodbye London experience.
We will meet someday :)



2 comments:

paula said...

So sad but yet understandable. You'll go someday....ok-let me rephrase that...we'll go someday. Third trip planned is a charm :) I can't wait to hear all about it from Auntie E. I think we'll need to plan a little vacay down to AZ after they get back in order to see all the fab pictures.

Anonymous said...

London has been around for a thousand years,the boys childhood is over in a blink of an eye.When you can go I'll be the tour guide.

E