Tuesday, July 7, 2009


{Burn Bummy Burn!!!!!}



On Sunday, we took the beautiful drive up to Big Cottonwood Canyon. My dad, Randy's mom, me, Randy, and the boys walked the planks around Silver Lake.



(We are pretending that we don't know the fugly girl in the middle....pretend along please)

Once we approached the hiking trail to Twin Lakes, we separated from the parents. They had a fabulous shady spot under a pine tree that overlooked Silver lake. They talked and enjoyed each others company while my crew was lung burning up the mountain.



The hike is considered "easy" for those in the hiking world. 2.5 miles round trip with a very rocky terrain. In MY world it is considered a "kick my ass" hike. The gluteus maximus muscles are on fiyah!!!!!!! Ohhh how I love that burn! And you all know that my flat ass can use some pumpin' up! Again.....thanks to my dad for the flat ass :) Love you too.


We made it to the top where the Twin Lakes were full with water. The water was very low at the end of our summer hike last year. It is good that we have had such a wet winter/spring.


The boys splashed their necks and heads with the cool water. Pride puffed Pop's chest. It is an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment once you make it to the top.......cuz trust me......there were about 5 to 13 times I could have turned around and been done. I understand the importance of teaching my children to follow through and challenge themselves. The outcome is glorious!



Zip and I were partners. We keep up with each other well.

As we were descending, we passed other hikers heading for the top. We had just left the Twin Lakes and gone around a turn......so the "going up" hikers were close to the end. Zip turns to a group and says, "You're doing good! You're almost half way!"

What a little shit!!!! You should have seen the other hikers faces!!!! Eyes about ready to bug out of their head, mouths dropping to ground, and their body deflated thinking that they still had miles to go!! Zip then says, "Awe, just kidding! It's just around the corner. You made it!" They all sighed with relief...whew!

Randy and I started laughing so hard we were doubled over! How does he come up with this stuff???? I continued sporadically laughing as I skid down dirt and rocks. He keeps us going....that's for sure!



As we were about a quarter of the way down the canyon on our way home, we spotted this big hunka meat on the side of the road. Randy almost pee'd his shorts with excitement. He pulled over and snapped these awesome pics.

I've said it before.......and I'll say it again......
Only in Utah people!!!!!!!

We are so fortunate to only be 30 minutes away from all of this.

People travel to Utah from other states and countries for a once in a lifetime experience.

We have it at our fingertips whenever we want!

This last trip was eye opening to Pop. He caught on to the value and beauty that surrounds us. I'm proud to make lasting memories with my family and see the respect for nature that we have instilled in our boys.

2 comments:

susie said...

You guys are such fun parents. It's nice that you can drive 30 minutes and be surrounded by nature. I would love that...I don't like opening up my curtains and seeing it walk through my front yard. By the way it was a Badger that was sneaking it's mean ass around my yard. Yeah, it gives me a warm fuzzy too! Oh, and now we have a Raccoon too, lucky frickin me!

Chelise said...

Only in Utah baby! I want to come home.......Missin our family outings and that greenery! Be there soon O.K.. I'm planning on spending pretty much the WHOLE month of August! If that's kosher with y'all???