Tuesday, July 7, 2009

{The Measure of a Man}


Question: What is the definition of a man??





Mustache and chest carpet??



Bulging muscles and a pin head???
(his package scares me!?!)


Writing your name on the sidewalk with your personal pee pencil??




Wiping with Chuck Norris sand paper??



Answer: None of the above




The true measure of a man is how he handles what life deals him and is able to persevere for the betterment of his family......


Whatever that takes


No whining


Callused and tired.....all for love


The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in moments of challenge and controversy.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.


This post is sparked by a question Pop asked me yesterday. He wanted to know what I thought it meant to be a "real man". He is concerned that he may not be advancing as fast in manhood as expected. I listed a few of my top picks in that category. And then I said, "ya know, like your dad.....HE is a real man."


Pop smiled and said, "yah, I really don't need to worry.....dad will teach me all I need to know. I want to be as good as him someday". :) :) :)


3 comments:

susie said...

I don't think your boys have anything to worry about.They have some GREAT examples!

Chelise said...

What a great topic! My definition of a "real man" would be.....well I'll have to think about that one and get back to you:) I don't want to give them a big head or anything, but Uncle Randy, and your Randy could have thier pictures next to the definition of "real man" fo sho!!! Your boyz have a great example and I'm glad they are reminded of that!

Also, what is with all this hiking shit??? Let me remind you WE DO NOT HIKE! We sit at a bar and drink...Jesus girl, you are ruining our image! Are you becoming a gronola on my ass??? Jeez! That's it! I am going to have to come up there and whoop your ass! (I'll look for any excuse to get up there!:)

Chelise said...

I still think Tom Seleck is friggin hot! I love that you think of me often!!!!