Thursday, July 9, 2009

{Let's talk about fear baby, Let's talk about you and me, Let's talk about all the things, good and bad, that could be......Let's talk about it}



Have you ever feared life itself?
Everything that it has to offer.....
Feared, because of the "what if"...or..."this could happen"
Stopping yourself from enjoying the experience.....
Because the outcome is unknown.....and there is a chance of knocking on deaths door.
Do we miss wonderful life changing opportunities because we are scared of happiness,
Or because we are scared of failure and pain?
You would think that it would be the latter.......
Contrary to the easy pick, I believe that for some,
Happiness is the boogy man under your bed.
You know what it tastes like,
It's quenching.....it's sweet....it's exuberant....it's addictive
But it comes with a price. Continual upkeep.
Happiness doesn't come free because you think
You are a good person that does good deeds.
Happiness comes because you choose NOT to fear it.
Because you choose to LIVE it.






I fear the loss of my children.


It would be cruel to place my own personal fears upon my children.

Would it be fair of me to keep them boxed inside these brick walls?
Shelter them from any outside influence?
Hinder lifetime memories made with someone other than their mommy and daddy?
Keep their life/spirit/love only to myself?
Not encourage their OWN path?
I escape this fear by truly knowing these boys were placed with me.
Not for their lives to cater to my picket fence dream,
But for me to give them a life of love and content security.
I am not their responsibility to hold up
I am their soft place to fall
I will facilitate their souls to morph,
Surrounded by happiness
Throw fear to the wind.....and ride the waves of the breeze.

They deserve that from me.

I deserve that from me.



Last thought:

I have heard people say that they have no fear of dying......they have faith in the afterlife....they are preparing for their death while trying to live!?!?!
BUT
What about the life that is here and now??? Why would you not fear dying, but fear living?....Fear living because you might die?

Seeing it in words is even more asinine to me


1 comment:

paula said...

Damn girl-you're deep today. What a great thing to contemplate....especially the part about not fearing dying but fearing living. I needed this today. I think maybe the two of us are both faced with the same little prob right now....do we send the boys off to have fun with family or keep them wrapped in these safe little coccoons we have made?