Saturday, February 13, 2010


{Feeling freakish}

I was made aware of a strange habit I have.
I rub my tongue along my teeth.

I seriously didn't know that I was doing this, and now that it's come to my attention, I realize that I do it ALL the time!
I have a front tooth that is longer than the other.
Like a nervous twitch, I run my tongue along the bottom of both just to see if they are still uneven.
It's so F****d up!
Some kind of strange O.C.D. issue I'm sure.
But what bothers me the most....is that NOBODY has told me that I am standing around looking  like a FREAK doing it.
That is, until Randy made a comment that he thinks it is a cute habit. Randy is so sweet.  He says everything I do is cute, when I know he is politely meaning annoying.  Both the boys agreed that they see me doing it all the time, but were truthful and said it really looks weird.  They gave me an example of what I look like when I'm doing it.....yah, not so pretty.

I am working on being aware of the times that I do it, and if I absolutely HAVE to do the tongue/tooth check, I make sure my mouth is closed.

I think we all have little expressions, mannerisms, or twitches that we don't realize are  habits frequently used. 

hmmmmm.....just when I thought I knew everything about myself!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is part of your nature , do not delete

Anonymous said...

dad

lisa_sims said...

I lick my bottom lip all the time. Does that make you feel better?

Anonymous said...

I'm a nervous sniffer.

Auntie E

Jolie said...

yes, i feel much better knowing that we are all wack-jobs :) Thanks for "coming out" with me.

love the nervous sniffer

paula said...

I don't think I've ever noticed. I'll have to have you show me and then I'll let you know if I notice you doing it all the time. If you do, I don't even notice it anymore.

Anonymous said...

02/14/2010

Never once have I ever noticed you having such a fetish.

I think of the darkening clouds that suddenly move into your eyes when you are hurting and angry. That is the heart breaker for me when I see that.

All My Love to my DeVries Happy Valentine Sweets.

lpb