Monday, February 15, 2010


{The V.D. card awards}


These people are pulling me out of my V.D. bitty old lady attitude.
How can a person not heart V.D. after you receive these????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now announcing the Valentine's Day card awards:

The award for most improved memory
Goes to:


Chelise!!!!!
She has a lil problem with remembering to mail things....
I got this 1 1/2 weeks BEFORE V-day!
Great job girl!
Loved the surprise!
xoxo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The award for the most "rockin'" card
Goes to:


Aunt Tracy!!!!!
For understanding my love for orange brief panties and rock stars :)
Very thoughtful Aunt T!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The award for the most nostalgic card
Goes to:


Aunt Tracy again!
The "real" lipstick kiss on the envelope was a great addition and increased bonus points.
SWAK to you too Aunt T.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The award for "judging the book ONLY by the cover"
Goes to:


My Dad.
Because when you open the card, it says,
"...we were struck by Cupid all over again."

This is funny for MANY reasons, but mostly because my mom and dad have been divorced for like...35 years!
Cupid's wings were clipped a loooong time ago!

In his own hand writing, he wrote,
"I just looked at the front picture only".

Dad, you may not always look past the cover, but you always remember me on Valentines Day.
Thanks :)
Love you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The award for the most creative/fun card
Goes to:

Paula!
With her "Got my eye on you" hand made card.
Paula makes cyclop look goooood!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The award for the most sincere heart warming card
Goes to:


River!
My little tender heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The award for the word "Valentine" to be used A LOT in a sweet poem
Goes to:

My Jaxy!
The boy that is still proud to be a momma's boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And lastly,
The award for an I.O.U. card
Goes to:

Randy!
Randy says my Valentine's surprise is waiting for me next Friday at the LaCaille Inn........
Ohhhhh my :)   hubba hubba!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Those are some sweet cards girl! Hope you had a wonderful love day or have a wonderful love day this friday:P

Thanks for the sweet comment you left me. Things will get better. And my kids would challenge any nomination for mom of the year :)

And last, I am so glad Elliott got his daddy's eyes, not that his mom's eye isn't smoking hot, but one cyclops per family is plenty.

Chelise said...

Jolie,

Love this creative post! I can't believe I was the firstup!!! OMG! I am sooo proud of myself!

It has taken years, YEARS people to remember to send anything, no matter what the occasion, but I did it! I really, really, did it!!

I want to thank all my fans for your support, and most of all I want to thank Walsuck for supplying really cheap cards!

Tracy said...

OMG! I forgot to send Chelise a card!! :0