Friday, February 12, 2010

{Teacher....I need to go poop}




I was the teacher........

They were the poopers......


I have a great relationship with the boys' kindergarten/1st grade teacher, Ms. Sue.
Years ago, she took my kiddies and treated them as her own for 7 hours a day.
She hugged them, put bandaids on ow-eeees, taught them to read, and told them she loved them.

After someone is that crucial in your child's life, you feel indebted to them FOREVER.
I re-pay Ms. Sue's mothering of my children, with giving her a day off now and then.
I am proud to be her call-in substitute, and have been for many years now.

The class she has this year, is probably the most challenging I've seen.
(we were missing a couple kids in the pic)
2 sets of TWINS!!!!!........
And both sets are BOYS!!!!..........
That are VERY DEFIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make Jax's behavior outbursts look as innocent as Mother Teresa!
I had to pull out the BIG guns today.
Pretty much just shooting off phrases like,
 "I'm the boss",
"Zip your lips and open your ears",
"Apologize for farting on the girls", 
"You get time out for throwing sand in your brother's hearing aid",
"Do you kiss your momma with that dirty mouth?",
"Please wipe that booger in a tissue - not on the carpet!"
"Why would you show your butt to the other boys in the bathroom?"
"No, a penny will not buy your way out of a check next to your name."

AND SO ON, AND SO ON........

It was one of my funnest days I've had this entire year! 
Because no matter how draining they can be,
the loves, hugs, and admiration they give is worth every crazy, back talking, minute of it.
We danced, sang songs, made a craft,  went to chapel, read three books, and even had a race 163 times around the playground......
that was all before 10 am.

If you EVER doubt what these teachers do for YOUR children......
walk in their tired shoes for a day.....
you will appreciate on a whole new level.

Excuse now.
I must go anti-bacterial my body.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do we pay these stupid pro athletes millions of dollars to entertain us? I think teachers should get a HUGE raise for taking care of our children.Our principles are all messed up!!

E

Chelise said...

Holy Wow Girl! You made it through...... I was laughing so hard at all the things you had to tell them! "Don't fart on the girls," was probably one of my FavS!
You are one of those Moms who really DO appreciate and I am sure Ms. Sue loves you!! You Rock!

Jolie said...

Amen Aunti E!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

stress day stress day, amazing the way you give back love dad