Wednesday, February 17, 2010


{What rhymes with Cluster YUCK???


I came up with this great idea to have the boys' room painted......it's only been four years since I committed to doing it.
Some things just take me time to think thru. 
The truth of it is that I'm lazy.
(I know......four years is too long!)
This is my office and hallway.
What you see, are the remnants of a 2 day clean out.
Riv is a hoarder.....and I think that is a true diagnosis.
I fought to take 3 bags of trash/collectables solely from his room.
He didn't leave my side for a second, afraid that I might dispose of something emotionally important.

"MOM! Don't get rid of that!!!  Grandpa gave me that nose plug when I was three!"
"Oh!!!!  This plastic frog reminds me of my birthday at Chuck E. Cheese.  There is NO way I can throw this away!"
"But MOM!  I might need that broken pencil sharpener some day!"

Let me tell you!  This kid emotionally attaches himself to EVERYTHING!!!!
hmmmmm.....don't know where he gets that?!?!?!
Anyway.......

After asking the boys what colors they wanted their rooms painted, and got answers like,
"black/red checker board"
"all black!"
"zebra"
"either bright blue or green"
Yah......NOT gonna happen!
I took control and decided for them.
(I know, mean mom!)
We are painting both of their rooms the same color....... a two tone olive green.
I think it will be masculine and appealing for re-sale.
NO...this is not an announcement that we are moving, but you all should know by now, that Randy and I will NEVER commit to living a life time in one home.
We are HOME-A-HOLICS.
I will always think of how our home(s) should have  re-sale potential.

I will post the after paint party pics.
And hope that there isn't some kind of broken shin or cracked toe story involved from tripping over the heaps o' crap lined up in our walkways!

Ahhhhhhh....love the smell of fresh paint :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Wallpaper! :)

Chelise said...

Brave Girl! Proud of your "kick it in the ass" attitude after we spoke about painting! Rock it OUT!

segura2salazar said...

I swear this is how it feels at my house everyday. Both Dom and I both have the hoarder issue. We have to do the junk it routine at least a couple times a year and it is always painful, but very needed. Way to kick it in the butt and get it done! I wanted to thank you for all your sweet thoughts of Sawyer! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

02/21/2010

What do you define as CLUSTER? I'm confused. Is that anything like CLUTTER?

lpb