Monday, February 22, 2010


{Merci Papa}


Friday was our long awaited La Caille night.
Refreshing your memory:
My dad is the luckiest son-of-a-biscuit when it comes to winning things.
I, being the luckiest daughter of a son-of-a-biscuit, reap the rewards.
In August, dad volunteered at a Boys and Girls Club golf event.
He won the "La Caille" package.
$200 food certificate and a
nights stay at the cottage ($375).
Yes, we had a $600 night!
And Ohhhhhh, was it a night!
Thanks Dad!




The buildings and it's immaculate grounds are French fairytale-ish.
I was hoping to see my good buddy Johnny Depp drinkin' his wine and having a ciggy on the patio.


I wasn't aware that they have their own very, very small vineyard.
This wine cellar wrapped around the insides of this winding stair case (below)


Randy had brought a beautiful basket with fresh wild flowers, KamaSutra bath package, a bottle of amazing 'DaVinci' wine, and a heartfelt lovey, dovey card :)
The label on the wine bottle was simply gorgeous.



We each had an appetizer.
Randy: Baked onion soup $14
Jolie: Vegetable Napoleon $16
(stacked vegs with a rosemary cream sauce)
A complimentary sample of duck wrapped around vinegar cucumbers
~~~~~~
Salad
Randy:  Apple Walnut
Jolie:  Wilted Spinach
included with meal
~~~~~~~
Entree
Randy:  Cambridge Beef Shortribs  $49
Jolie:  Poulet Picatta Pomodoro  $49
(pounded chicken with capers and sundried tomatoes)
~~~~~~~
Dessert
Trio of La Caille Desserts
A Miniature Sampling:
Creme Brulee, Chocolate Chantilly Cake, & Beignet Francais  $16
~~~~~~~
After dinner coffee   $20/each
Randy:  Irish Coffee 
Jolie:  Can't remember....I was already drunk...
I DO know that it was good :)
 
Total bill: $208 plus a $40 tip.
And we brought our own wine!
(I am assuming you were wondering the expense of the famous "La Caille")

The Barista made the coffee drinks at our table.
Randy's glass had large sugar crystals and cinnamon baked around the entire goblet.
He added the whiskey and threw a flame for an
"ohhhh and ahhhhh" show.



We were totally love drunk!!!!!
~Awe~
and a little wine drunk!!!!!
~mmmm~
and a little whiskey drunk!!!!!
~ohhhh~

The restrooms were very pampering too.
Lotion, body spray, Q-tips, sewing kit, matches, feminine products, hair spray and breath mints were available for use.
BUT
This tacky "wall of fame" was what you have to endure upon leaving the crapper.
Apparently it's a head/boobie shot of the waiter staff.
This was beyond cheesy to me....I would have expected it in a Red Lobster or even one of those steak houses that they all line dance to an outdated country song, but surely NOT at a $250/couple fancy shmancy joint.
Look at the bosoms crying to escape from the God-awful velvet surrounding.
Very unclassy.
(cuz dammit! I knows me some class!)

Moving on now..............

~The Cottage~


There is a small pond near by full of swans and geese.
The cottage has it's own private drive.
There is only one cottage on the premises.
It is secluded by large pines.




As we enter through the red door, we notice that candles are lit, soft music playing, fire lit, a stocked fridge with beer, water, juices, and sodas....a fruit and cheese basket....and a bottle of La Caille wine.




The hot tub was just out the bathroom door.
They supply big, white, fluffy robes and slippers.
YEEHAW!!!!
Drink more beer, fireplace, and.......well, lots of nakee T.M.I!!!
Hey!!!! It was our 2nd honeymoon!
We took advantage of it all!


Room service brought our breakfast in the morning.
I know!!!!!
It was so awesome!
See the little rose butter buds?



We took our last hours sitting on the porch, drinking coffee and enjoying the sound of the fat black bunnies scampering through the trees.

Randy and I miss our cottage.
I doubt I will splurge on the food again, but I would love to stay at the cottage for our next anniversary.
It is encompassing happiness, love, pampering, sex, laughter, relaxation, indulgence, and re-uniting you and your partner in every way.
I'm still glowing.

Merci Papa!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Jolie! I am so HAPPY that you two were able to experience such a seductive extravaganza! You Lovebirds, nestled in your Love-Cottage, cooing and aweing. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sure you're both still glowing! :)

paula said...

Looks awesome. Are you telling me you didn't see any female servers with those french outfits? Waitresses with boobies hanging out of a french inspired velvet dress IS the La Caille experience. That's one of the things they are known for. This little cottage looks like the perfect getaway. Glad you guys had a good time.

P.S. Is Randy wearing metro boots in that pic on the stairs?

lisa_sims said...

I love it! So happy you guys had a wonderful, romantic weekend. I know where I want D to take me for our next anniversary....

Anonymous said...

you are soooooooooo welcome dad