Monday, June 28, 2010


{And I think to myself.....
what a wonderful world}


Saturday morning we set out with no agenda........
Packed a cooler of drinks, a zip-lock full of snacks, sunblock and a pair of walking shoes.

Our first stop was Park City.
The weather was perfect....81 degrees.
Music from the outdoor beer gardens kept the mo-jo of walking the streets in rhythm.
The loved town mutts that wander the streets were content near water puddles and a shade tree.
The tourists were in awe, the Harley riders were thirsty and the DeVries' were soaking it all in.
After a delightful lunch and refreshing beer, we were on the road......

The next stop:  Heber
We came upon a great car show and talked to people that we knew from the car show circuit from around town.

Back in the car..........
The next stop:  Cascade Springs




Cascade Springs is between Midway and American Fork Canyon.
Water from the springs flows over a series of travertine terraces and pools and eventually continues on its way to nearby Provo Deer Creek.
Little Brown Trout are swimming near the surface. (No fishing allowed)



The walk through the lush green plants and trees is calm and cool with clear pools and waterfalls.
7 million gallons of water flow through Cascade Springs EVERY DAY!


It's a wonderful family adventure, close to home, and a reprieve from the heat.
GO EXPERIENCE CASCADE SPRINGS!!
I am always amazed that I have lived here most of my life, and there are so many breathtaking Utah landscapes that I have yet to cover......

It leaves me adventurous and excited to see where my Subaru and Nike tennie runners are going to take us.

signing out,
granola girl :)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a "cool" place to go. Can't beat Utah for beauty.My core temp dropped ten degrees just looking at those beautiful pictures.

Love-E

paula said...

I love Cascade Springs....granola girl. I knew you had quit wearing deodorant......Let me know if you need help with the dreads...we'll get Holly to show you.

Chelise said...

We are going there next time I come up! Fo Sho!! All these places y'all have been discovering...We could spend two weeks! Might just have to.