Tuesday, June 8, 2010


{Learning to speak Horse}




River had a "horsemanship" questionnaire to complete to earn a merit badge for scouts.
Who better to teach the young lad, but his honky Aunt Chelise.

She started with showing him how to groom, then clean hooves, then saddle.
All of which is very time consuming!!!!!!!!
You must have a large amount of love and patience to be cowgirl!
And Chelise is a natural.


Then she taught Riv how to walk and canter.
(I think it's called canter?!?!?)
Riv soaked it all in.
He even asked if he could buy his own pair of boots to wear when he visits her this summer.  In the mean time, Chelise let him wear her new pair of Ruby Red's :)


Bonding, learning, loving, teaching, mentoring, attentive, admiring.

This is a moment my boy will never forget.

Aunties are the woman figure that is full of laughter, kindness, and acceptance.
Sort of a second mother.....
but with added droplets of fun :)

~Thanks again Chelise~
You are amazing
xoxo




6 comments:

Auntie T. said...

COOL, AUNTIE C! YER SURE HONKEY-DOREY
I LOVE your HUGE Heart!!
:)

Sarah Jackman said...

I'm so jealous! We're putting Ashton in horseback riding lessons this fall- yeehaw!

lisa_sims said...

I won't show Grace or she may never forgive you guys for not taking her to Arizona too. She wants a horse...I said no.

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see Riv and Chelise horsing around....when he gets to the pastry eating merit badge let me know.

Auntie E

Anonymous said...

06/10/2010

OOPS! There goes another of Great Grandma's dreams coming true--
Riv: I can see you as World Champion Quarter Horse rider, as well as World Champion Rodeo Roper, Horse Trainer and Trail Rider.

HIGH HOPES, OH! I GOT HIGH HOPES
G-GrammaG

Amie said...

I am totally diggin Riv's boots! Love ya, Riv!