Friday, June 18, 2010


{What will the neighbors say?}


Jax yelled for me, "Mom!!! I'm going to make a costume!  Come look at me."
My first thought was, "I sure hope you've got clothes on under that box!"
My second reaction was to really look at how cute he was and lovingly giggle.
My third was to wonder, "What are the neighbor's thinking?  A 10 year old boy is running around like a circus freak, possibly naked and the only cover is a beer box!  OH MY!  A whole family of sinners!"
Yes, I've started sin training with my boys early... around 2 years old.  They are catching on quite nicely.
My final opinion was: 
I don't care what ANYONE thinks! 
This is a kid that just wants to experiment, and he is making use of whatever materials we have in our recycle bin.
Creative
Fun
Imaginative


This was the end result.
A Jax original IRON MAN SUIT.
This suit gives strength and power to a little boy for days of running fun!

I soooooo enjoy seeing my kids create from their mind's architectural blueprint.

Isn't this what summertime and childhood is all about???? 

It's times like these that I just want to drink up every ounce of Jax's youth.....
because I know,  I really do know,  that the boy in my garage in the cardboard suit will be replaced by a young man in my garage smiling from his own car.  And the hugs and kisses he gives to me looking for approval, will be given to a pretty gal his age sitting in the passenger seat.....
and the progression is unstoppable.

This morning, I rocked Jax awake. 
His warm, relaxed body is still comfortable in the nook of my arm.... even with 4 foot of legs  and size 10 feet dangling off the opposite end.
His goober-ed, sleepy eyes looking up at me in the familiar way......
content, loved, protected and vulnerable.

Always my baby you'll be


9 comments:

Megan said...

Love this. Love his creative brain. And who gives a rip what the neighbors think. It is true that they grow up too fast. I wish I could keep them little just a little longer. ~M

Anonymous said...

That will probably be the cheapest outfit Jax will ever wear. At least he didn't use your old Depends box...

Love
E

paula said...

I see he's really taken off with the idea of building car garages for Elliott with cardboard. I love it! So sweet and true...they grow up too fast. Rock him as long as he'll let you.

Amie said...

They'll will know you for the "white trash" that you truly are! LOL....You go Jax!!! Glad to see your drinking Mich Light.....good for our girlish figures!

Amie said...

They'll will know you for the "white trash" that you truly are! LOL....You go Jax!!! Glad to see your drinking Mich Light.....good for our girlish figures!

Amie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolie said...

Hi....white trash here :) I learned all I need to know from watching Amie :) woo woo!

Auntie E, you know the boxes of Depends were being stocked here for you :) I thought we were keeping that one a secret?!?

Chelise said...

OMG!! I am sooo glad he chose the best box to work with! Wear it proud my Brotha!!

LOL,LOL,LOL!! He has me and Justin crackin up!