Tuesday, June 1, 2010

{Here comes the bride....}


I'm going to make this more of an album...not much commentary.  The pictures say it all.





May 28, 2010


Ralph and Carol were married


at their nearby Lutheran Church


Ralph gave Carol a very sweet, romantic kiss to seal their vows.


Dan, Sheila, Cassidy, Zac, Chaise, and Logan
(Randy's brother)


Ron (Randy's oldest brother that lives in Alaska) and
Dave (Family friend)



My crew and Auntie E


Sheila, Carol, and yours truly
(Carol has always said that she has the best daughter-in-laws.....that statement always makes me happy with security and pride.  I feel like a spoiled child, because now Sheila and I will share her with three new sis-in-law's.  I'm still trying to get used to that idea.....I'm immature when it comes to these things.)


After the ceremony, they had a dinner for family in the "lounge basement" of their condo complex.
Stuffed pork loin, mashed garlic potatoes, sugar carrots and orange sherbet was the delicious wedding dinner.

Carol is an amazing writer.
She wrote Ralph this love poem:

How did this story happen?
How could it come to be?
I was not looking for you
Nor were you looking for me.

I did not want entanglements
Nor looking to find love,
Vowed there was not another for me
By all of the stars above.

And then we met; I liked your smile,
Your deep blue eyes, your wit and style.
But most of all you heart and soul,
Service to God your daily goal.

What did you see in me?
A sad soul drifting about
Walking a dog bereft and alone.
You asked me to church
Surely that would help out.

And that's the way it all begins,
Sometimes you see, the good guy wins.
The love we share, so strong and sure,
Will give us strength, help  us endure,
The pains of age, uncertain years,
Many joys and sometimes tears.

God moves in a mysterious way.
That cannot be denied.
So hand in hand, step by step
With faith in Him we will abide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






9 comments:

paula said...

Look at you all beautiful and fancy in a dress! That doesn't happen often people....know the significance of this occasion. You look so pretty and so does Carol. I'm so happy it was a good time. I miss you crazy. Coffee tomorrow?

Tracy said...

Congrats to Carol and Ralph!
Lovely poem and pics.
So glad ya'll could make it to show your love and support.
Very cool!

CJACRUN said...

First of all you look lovely sister. Your family handsome as usual. How cool for Carol! Congrats all.

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day and wedding.
Isn't love a funny thing...just when you think life is getting dull,BAM...someone comes along and messes up everything.

Auntie E

Amie said...

OMG! First of all let me start by saying, "I can't believe Ron came"! I am so glad he did. Dan and Sheila look great. I just wanna know.....is Dan dying his hair? Mike thinks he is(LOL)but when you have a daughter in the biz why the hell not! Caryol looks beautiful! She has such a glow about her. We are extremely happy for her! Your three handsome, dashing boys are always a treat!

Um somebody better be planning a DeVries/Gardner rendezvous ASAP!

Amie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolie said...

3 deleted comments were duplicates of Amie's. I think she was drunk. No, Dan isn't getting a dye job. Although his oldest is in the biz too. I think he's adopted...a true DeVries is full grey before the age of 30.
We were happy to see Ron...It's always a long stint inbetween visits with him. We had all DeVries' there, and NOT ONE family pic!!! I'm still pissed.



Paula....I knew that the dress would shock you!!!! It's true, only a handful of times have I volunteered to wear something without levi or a crotch involved!