Saturday, June 12, 2010



{Wax on Wax off}


Jax and I had a date last night. 
The itinerary was Red Robin burgers and a movie.
Jax is mesmerized by Jackie Chan, so the choice was easy.....
Karate Kid 2010 version.

It was OFF THE HOOK!!!!!
We loved it.

The story is similar in small ways to the OLD version (1984), but has it's own flair that I thought was wonderfully written throughout.





Jax knows me so well, that at each sentimental part, he would look at me because he anticipated me wiping away tears.  I'm such a sap!!!!  Even if it's "cheesy" I will relate to it somehow.
I was amazed by Jaden Smith's (Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's son) performance.
He is a wonderful actor with great comedic timing....just like his daddy :)
The amount of training and discipline this young boy accepted for this role is beyond his years.  I cried because I could only imagine how proud his parents were of his beauty and character.

I give Karate Kid 3.8 out of 4 HI-YAHS



3 comments:

KARAT-TAY said...

Note boys to self: DO NOT have boys
watch KARATE KID day before sleepover!!! HI-YAAA!!! :0

Chelise said...

OOOHHHH You are in for it Aunt T!!!! Hope you've brushed up on the "Praying Mantis and Round House Kicks"! Be sure to do some stretching and warm up...Don't want you to pull anything and be weak to your opponets! They kick hard!

Anonymous said...

Thank God Aunt T had years of training from her loving sisters. We totured...trained her well in the kicking,hair pulling and running department.

E