Saturday, April 18, 2009

Boys' Saturday b-ball game....


Disclaimer: I'm already through a 1/2 glass of yummy merlot. This could get weird and I apologize now. OK....moving on:


The boys lost today :(....wait , the boys got their butts kicked today 8-2. But I must give details to understand the large spread. They played against freak of nature boys! I swear, all of these boys came from Andre the giant's gene pool! I almost called my lawyer to investigate their birth certificates. We are supposed to be playing against 9 & 10 year olds. I'm pretty sure I saw a 5 o'clock shadow on most of them. The word around the hood is that our opponents are the #1 team in the league and the fact that we got 2 runs in on them is amazing. Words to keep our boys from crying! Pop took it pretty hard since he does not take losing well......in anything! His spirits were boosted when we reminded him that one of the points were from his 2nd base hit! That boy can smack a ball!!!


The pic is Pop's b-ball wounds (upper thigh and ankle). Yah, he's proud!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ya battle wounds to be proud of for sure!

Dee Ann said...

HI JOLIE! I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG SINCE YOUR DAD SENT ME THE LINK. WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY, TO BE ABLE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE LIVES OF THOSE I LOVE. BEING ABLE TO LET THEM KNOW I LOVE THEM, A BEAUTIFUL SONG, CHILDS LAUGHTER, A HUG A SMILE, FROM LOVED ONES, MY FAMILY, ALL OF THEM. TO KNOW YOU ARE DOING GOOD. I LOVE YOU.

G-ma said...

HI JOLIE, YOUR DAD SENT ME YOUR LINK, HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT. WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY IS SUCH A BIG LIST, LIFE, LOVE, FAMILY, LAUGHTER, SONGS, SMILES, FAMILY, LOVE,LIFE, YOU GET THE PICTURE. I LOVE YOU.