Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday concert at the depot....CORNHOLLIO

Me and Paula before the concert
Paula, Jay D and me at the Depot bar waiting for the concert to start

Jay D throwing horns!!!

Chris Cornell

Can you see the empty gaze I am talking about?

The bar tender that gave me the evil-UNneeded jagerbomb shot!

Chris Cornell....lead singer from Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog, is the concert I went to last night. I've never seen him live, but have enjoyed his music for years. Black hole sun....Like a stone....Show me how to live...are some of the most frequently radio played songs. He was promoting a new solo album with songs that I hadn't heard before. He never even played Black hole sun!!!! Chris Cornhole looked as if he had OVER botoxed! There was no expression on his face other than a weird empty eye gaze. The man is a brilliant song writer but seems to not even feel his own music. He was worse than "my friend plank!" He just stood there, and when he did move, it was strange Elaine jerks. I don't know.... the concert itself was probably one of the most UNrockin' I've ever been to. We had a great spot on the floor....I was able to get awesome close ups....but I was bored. Half way through, I told Paula that I was going to sit and relax while listening. She was feeling the same way. Jay D stayed and rocked it out. He seemed to really be enjoying the show, and had made some friends behind him. Paula and I went into a lounge area where we sat on comfy chairs and watched the concert on a big screen. It was great!!!! I don't know what to chalk this up to.......Chris Cornhole=bad concert or Paula and Jolie=old!

2 comments:

paula said...

After having the day to reflect, this is my take on Cornholio: he sounds awesome. Really, his voice is strong, powerful and "sounds" like it is filled with emotion....which is what makes it so strange to watch him. He doesn't show the emotion..it's like he just opens his mouth and this amazing voice is unleashed with no thought or effort. He doesn't even have to try to sound good, he just does. I think because we are so emotional we connect with musicians who are the same so we felt a disconnect from Cornholio lastnight. Nonetheless, I thought he sounded awesome and was great to listen to but not necessarily watch. Now the bass guitar player...a whole other story. DAMN. How on earth could you not say anything about Couger with the bustier? We really should have got a photo of that! Jay D informed me today that he did sing Black Hole Sun....we were in the bathroom or out socializing but he sat on the stage with his acoustic guitar and played a medley of songs and that was one of them. This was probably when we had the run in with the drummer...hence the reason he wasn't on the stage.
And for the record...we may be old but at least we looked better than Couger and momma pants. Thanks for a great time!

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great time!