Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's a ZOO out there people!

Doesn't this look like Pop is feeding the giraffe!!!! Cool!

I love her eye lashes! Maybe it's Maybeline!

Zip and G-pa on the 2 1/2 minute train ride.....suckered us out of a $1

The true Water World!!! A granite water globe.

Oh!! And the little newly hatched goose sunbathing.

Pop and his maw
We threw Zip to the lions!!!
Turtle, turtle! Pop is starting to come out of his shell......I know, that one was bad!

They have finally posted a wanted sign for the boys!!! The wild bunch o' turkeys!

Zip and the boys from his class....The Tye-dyed trouble makers of VCS!
Pop is the envied child that doesn't have to wear one of those shirts!!


Today was the annual-take the kids to zoo-wear out parents-kids bouncing off animal cages day for Zip's school. I am in my 6th year of being a chaperon. This is the 1st year that I only had to chaperon Pop and Zip! Oh, and my dad. It was nice to go along as we pleased, and to be able to leave when we wanted to. It is interesting to watch my boys' reaction to the zoo as they age. They still have fun seeing certain animals (monkeys and reptiles) but the amazement and thrill diminishes each year. Pop stated that by his age (a whopping 10), the zoo really isn't such an exciting field trip any more.....unless you are going there to hang and laugh with your friends! Yep people, (with tears) my boys are bored with the zoo! (Tears of JOY that is!!!!) Wahoo!! They're bored with the zoo!!! I know, I know......we all want our kids to stay child-like and see the world with sparkle and wonder...... but FOR REAL!! I am zoo'd out! And be thankful this isn't smell-a-blog, because I think that all of the animal stank attached to my skin, clothes and nose hairs. That zoo smell is really just a one of a kind!

P.S. You all know that Zip is far too stylish for that silly tye-dyed shirt....he was made to wear it as a school requirement. Poor kid!

1 comment:

paula said...

Lucky for you! We are renewing our annual zoo pass this year so I'm pretty sure I'm in for the long haul with the zoo.