Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Funeral Potatoes Recipe

Bad day Mr. Potato Head???? I see you have your ANGRY eyes on......
Who doesn't love these????? They are potato love in a dish!

Ingredients:
12 large
potatoes or 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen shredded hash browns
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups
sour cream
1 cup grated
cheddar cheese
1/2 cup
butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped
onion
2 cups crushed corn flakes
2 tablespoons
butter, melted


Directions:
1~Peel potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, until just tender.
2~Cool and grate into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3~Heat oven to 350ยบ.
4~Combine soup, sour cream, cheese, ½ cup melted butter and onion.
5~Gently blend into the potatoes.
6~Combine corn flakes and 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
7~Bake for 30 minutes. (I baked for an hour....just keep an eye on it and make sure the middle is fully cooked)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you know that I have had a hankerin for these damn potatoes since I left?? I will attemp this recipe in the near future, bu, DISCLAIMER: I am not the best in the kitchen! Now, the bedroom, that an entirely different thing... You got any new recipes you'd like to share??