Saturday, April 18, 2009

Please, please comment....


I am interested in peoples currency. What do OTHERS do that makes YOU feel loved, valued and important? Leave your comment, and I will post them with your name or anonymous if you choose. I think this is a good insight on how we need to bring forth our effort to each individual....because as we all know, every body's currency is different.

I will share with you my currency: asking MY advise and taking it, Randy and boys wanting MY spaghetti and no other will do, looking at me for validation and a big cheer (my boys), getting a call from my cousin because she just needs to hear my voice, remembering my birthday, receiving a card just because they are thinking of me, a thoughtful thrift store purchase from my dad, hand made jewelery from a dear friend (Paula), My nieces running up to my leg and grabbing on for dear life because we just can't leave each other yet, Hearing someone call me , " Mom", or "Babe", or "Aunt Jolie", or "Mertz", Randy saying that he is still attracted to me and that I am the one for him....even after all these years............and many, many more.
Oh yah......when you all read my blog :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok so now answering your question what do others do that makes me feel loved, valued and important. I love you's from my kids are the best! Cuddle time with them also. I also have 2 aspergers sons- aspies dont like touch so when either of them gives me a big bear hug it just melts my heart!
I have a couple dishes they love when they brag about my cooing, when they talk about the things I do that most ladies would not do, but I do. I am a do it myself person, if I can fix it I will, I may try it even if I cant!
People remembering my birthday, a phone call from friends or family just to chat, see how things are, or to tell me whats going on in their life. Responses to my blog. People asking how I am, just showing an interest, showing they care - words. The many statements I received from people about what kind of person I am for a legal issue in 2007. I kept them all, and they make me cry, flowers, picked by my kids, or bought by hmmm well that does not happen anymore, but it used to.
I could go on and on but I should probably get myself back to bed. And Jolie if you ever wanna chat off here I would love to talk, phone, IM, email whatever. I use skype on my computer to talk sometimes, has the web cam so everyone can see the mess I am!
Love ya
Jaelene

paula said...

My currency: when Elliott takes my face in his little hands and mashes his lips against my face (he hasn't quite got the kissing thing down yet),when JD reaches over in the car and rests his hand on my leg or holds my hand-while saying nothing, when JD asks me how I'm doing or feeling, the beautiful flowers JD still brings me on a regular basis, friends calling to chat or tell me something exciting, friends still wanting me to sleep over even though we are 30-something;), my nieces and nephews running up to me and screeming my name, when people come to me for advice or venting, when Mom sends me articles and coupons she has clipped for me, remembering my birthday, my Dad calling me "Paugs", comments left on my blog, thoughtful cards, making things for my loved ones and having them love it, my old boss calling me for business advice even though I've been gone 2 1/2 years, friends keeping in touch.....

ggmlaurapearl said...

Examples of currency I value: Not being discounted, not being looked through or over my head as if I'm invisible. Not being respected for trying to build a life of my own as an elder person.

Getting my spring bouquet of lilacs fresh from Ruth Jackman's yard. That won't happen anymore, but it was so precious when it was my sharing of spring with Janin.

Surprise gifts are fun. A friend presented me with a gorgeous big sparkly red ring today. It had a gold thread crocheted band, stretchy so I could pull it over my crooked knuckles. I felt so classy and beautiful wearing that ring.

Faithful remembrances of special surprises from the most discriminating, most thoughtful shopper in the world. Elise:I won't mention the melted Lady Godiva Chocolates sent via UPS in hot weather. Janin was so happy to hide that drippy, melted blob of chocolate in my fridge to pig out on when she dropped by.