Monday, June 29, 2009

{Amazing Grace}
On Sunday, we met the DeVries family and friends, up Big Cottonwood canyon. We were all there to celebrate Aunt Grace. She retired this year from teaching elementary aged children. Aunt Grace lives by her name. She is always positive, extremely active, patient, kind and very loving. I just adore Grace......I feel like a cling on when I'm around her because I savor being close to her. She has that mothering softness that gives me comfort. I just hope now that she is retired, we will still see her. Work held her back from being a vagabond, pro golfer, camp leader, and rollerblade extraordinaire. She is inspiring and I am so happy for her!


Jeff and Heather brought Grace these balloons that were tied to a chair and ended up in the trees. With each POP, the sound echoed through the canyon, sounding like gun shots. Everyone would flinch and "EEK" when one burst. I love the simplicity of this pic.

With group effort from all that attended, we had an awesome buffet going on. BBQ hot dogs & hamburgers, many salads, chips, and desserts up the ying yang!!!! Ahhhhh, the day was peaceful, cool, calm, and belly stuffed goodness.

We all needed to work off the brownies in a big way, so we started hiking....and hiking.....and hiking!

This was our destination!! We all made it to the top! Good job family!





Only in Utah people!!!!!!



Melanie and Cody were so great to entertain all of the kids.......they ARE the DINKS* of the family........maybe they just needed a birth control reminder!?!
*DINKS= Dual Income....No KidS

Dad enjoyed himself by winning multiple games of Phase 10. Hey! There is nothing wrong with Phase 10.......the box says 60 or older.....good times for the "mature" folks!

The kiddos wore themselves out my climbing trees, treasure hunting, volleyball, horseshoes, and hiding from Zip in a game called "We will hide for long periods of time, and you will NEVER seek us!" So sad :(
For Reals!!!!!!!! What the hell is up with Pop's face???? His head wants to explode off his neck! He looks like that creepy CHUCKY doll. Try not to have nightmares!!


My tomato headed boy, Pop, noticed this dragonfly sunbathing on a stick..........He knows how much I love dragonflies, and called me over to see. It was very large and had the most beautiful blueish/purple wings.
Ok.........I'm not fighting with Motha Nature anymore. In fact, I'm giving a shout out of love right now....pounding my heart and throwing peace sign!
She facilitated a beautiful day for us to honor our Amazing Grace.
Thanks MN!









No comments: