Wednesday, June 24, 2009

{It was a good year....}

I just went outside to look for my child, Zip.....the one who has fended for himself ALL day. He is such a good kid! Anyway, I peek out the garage door and see him on his bike. He says, "hey mom....how ya feeling?" I answer and ask what he's up to. With 3 other children by his side, he says, "Oh, we are just telling Arturro* how great seven is going to be for him. It was probably my best year....don't you think mom? I think it was seven that I learned how to really have fun in life. Seven is a good year to be. Sometimes I wish I was seven again. I just wanted Arturro* to know what seven would be like."

Awe! My baby......I love these moments

*Arturro: Not to be confused with a churro.....although both are from Mexico.
*Arturro: An almost seven year old boy that lives across street. His brother's name is Menudo. Yes, their mother should be hung by her nose hairs for those names!

3 comments:

paula said...

Totally something Zip would say...love it.

Tracy said...

Si, mon!

Chelise said...

Boy! If he ain't like his MOMMA in heart and soul....