Wednesday, June 10, 2009

{Some things never change}


I called dad today at about 3:30....asked if he could hang with the boys this evening so that Randy and I could go out to dinner with some friends. With no hesitation, he said "of course...what time do you need me?"

He arrived early and looked tired. He requested a fresh cup of joe, and I obliged. Shortly after, he went out to Lil' Sube where an armful of treasures were waiting for the boys. 3 Star Wars collective figures. Pop had an entire imaginary episode with his new and old action figures. These boys are G-pa SPOILED!!!!

Dad and the boys were leaving for the swim pool at the same time Randy and I were leaving for dinner. (yes, he even took them swimming!) As we parted, I told dad that we wouldn't be late....probably home around 9 at the latest. Yah......Um....we showed up at 10:30. Dad was tired, but still gave me loves and drove home.

It brought me back to the days when I was under his roof....many moons ago....and I would tell him that he could expect me home at a certain time, and I would always push the limits and arrive hours later. I can only imagine the worry and lack of sleep he endured. Here I am years gone by, doing the same routine. I guess that is my role as his kid. And no matter how old we get, his role as my dad will always be to suck it all up, and continue loving me with a smile and a little shake of his head.......Fortunately, for me, some things never change.

2 comments:

CJACRUN said...

Jolie,
I just love your family picures. They are beautiful!!! And no it's not just because I still love Randy. :)

Unknown said...

thats actually pretty sweet! I am glad your dad is there, I think its great!