Saturday, June 6, 2009

HUKA! HUKA! HUKA! HUKA!

As of last night, I'm in love with the Huka Bar!


My cousin Sarah and I were returning from a baby shower in American Faaark. It was 9 pm, and we were free, crazed, and thirsty! We did the old game of...."where do you want to go?"...."I don't know, where do you want to go?" We were heading to Club 48 (my original fav. club) when I remembered that I have been wanting to try The Huka Bar. Damn I'm smart! Couldn't have been a more perfect night to check it out.

We were both Huka virgins. Our Huka/drink gal gave us a quick tutorial. There are many different flavors of tobacco that sounded yummy. We chose "light peach". Let me tell you.....uh huh! It's like sucking in extremely light flavored air. The aftertaste was peachy sweet and left me wanting more. I can't wait to try other flavors....like german choc cake! You can inhale or just flavor-savor it in your mouth. Admittedly, I felt a little weird at first.....like I was doing something illegal. I adapted pretty fast.......shocker!

On the tabels are blue illuminated plastic menus. There is a button on the side, that changes the color to red, and lets your server know that you need assistance.


Sarah started loosing her patience when she had to wait with the marker on her head.......apparently waiting for more than 45 seconds for Jack Daniels, makes a person cranky!!! (see pic 2)


We listened to a good 80's cover band, "The Hard Rockin' Johnsons", danced our assess off, and decided that it was a 'SMOKIN' fun night!

3 comments:

paula said...

Huka virgins...yeah right! You did grow up in the 80's right? Good to know that some people actually do smoke tobacco out of fancy bongs.

Unknown said...

lol sounds like fun! next time you talk to Sarah tell her hi and I love her! Would love to hear from her!
I did not know there were huka bars!

Anonymous said...

Possibly my next business venture! U know me, jack of ALL trades and master of none! I can't wait to go....

Chelise