Wednesday, March 2, 2011

{Boot Camp....Day 1}


Ok, so it's not boot camp, but you could have fooled me!
I had my new ski/sneakers on, filled my water bottle, attached my heart rate monitor below my bodacious' and layered in stretchy warm clothing.
Lisa picked me up at 5:30 and we were to the park by 6 to start what I call,
"THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!!!  OMG!!!! WHY ME???  I'M SO TOTALLY SCREWED!!  I PAID MONEY FOR THIS TORTURE?  THIS IS WHY I HATE COMMITMENTS!!!!"
running clinic.

The first three weeks are "conditioning" workouts in preparing our bodies for run-a-thons.
We are learning proper techniques as we do a 
shit-load of calisthenics.
(hell I tell ya!)
At one point my heart rate was at 175 and the trainer told me to "simmah down...simmah down now".

I went to bed exhausted and disappointed in the facade of my bodily health.
There were points in the  workout that I felt strong and able....
there were other points that I wanted to collapse and scream.

I will be complaining the entire way through the 7 weeks,
(be prepared) 
because that's just how I roll, 
but I also know that I will walk  run out of this clinic with a new stronger body and mind.

p.s.  I love me new shoes!!!
ugly as all hell....but they do their job!
p.s.s.  Glad I invested in mini-Poise pads!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for taking this on. We never know what we are capable of until we try it. Do they make sport bra's big enough for that bodacious body?

Love
E

lisa_sims said...

You did awesome! Did you see some of the other folks There were lots of moans and groans.... no pain, no gain my fellow runner. I am your sponsor. I will listen (and feel) your pain! :-)

paula said...

Maybe I will spend this next year getting in shape enough so I can get in to shape boot camp style next year. Did that make sense? It sounds hard core.

LMAO about the mini-poise pads.

segura2salazar said...

I think you ROCK for trying something new and out of your comfort zone! I bet you love it by the end and will totally be kicking some running ass! I know those extra large padded wings on you feet were feeling pretty good by the end of your first day and they will now be your new favorite shoes! Good Luck! I know you can do it!