Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{OMG!! OMG!!! OUCHEE}


My trainer gave me this foam roller along with some exercises to "roll out" my muscles.
Particularly my IT Band.....the tendon that runs the length of my leg and under my knee.
HOLY FREAKIN' GUACAMOLE!!!!!
This is one of those exercises that is a hurt-so-good kind of pain.
Well....mostly hurts.
The good comes later.
This roller is basically a way to deep message your own body.
It is amazing to me how connected our body is from head to toe, yet sometimes we don't make it a point to emotionally connect.
Being aware of bodily placements, ailments, and strengths is very centering.
I was rolling my quads when I hit a certain point that sent shocks down to my knees!
Rolling my quads heal my knees...
THAT is how connected the inners of our bodies are.
Weird huh?


(Miss Kitty laid next to me the entire time...I think she was worried about me due to the shreaking coming from my gritted teeth)

If you are in the same vicinity of me while I am rollin', you would expect to walk into someone giving birth.
The F-bomb is flying along with many other four letter naughties.
Moans and heavy breathing follows the curses.
My trainer said that is a time of reflection and could be emotional.
Everything I am feeling in my life is stored and toxified in these sad weak muscles.
In between the F*&$ and SH*T screaming, I envision these ghostly toxins exiting the muscle.

Guess what?
This HOLY ROLLER works!!!
Starting my workout last night, my knees were at a pain level of about 8 (out of 10).
By the time I went to bed, it had lowered to a 3.5!!!!

This whole time I thought my body was made in the factory of rejected parts.
Now I know that I can improve, even with the parts I was given.  The tears and pain are just part of the process of growing stronger.
I am so thankful for the help, guidance, and love of my trainer and friends.
They inspire me and keep me movin!!!!



And this......
THIS is Randy watching me roll the inside of my thighs.  
He wishes that he could replace himself as my foam muscle roller.
Men are so easily excited!
Poor simple creatures.

4 comments:

paula said...

I don't know what's more comical...Daisy sprawled right next to you like that or the picture of Randy and the idea that he wants to be the foam roll.

I'm so glad the stretching exercises are working out for you.

Megan said...

okay. totally thrown off by the dark hair. i was like "who in the world is rollin around on her floor (and let pictures be taken ;)" Oh. That's you.

Looks like that running clinic is workin ya. Fun. That's why I don't run.

Poor simple creatures. Bawhahahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Rollers in Utah...WTF!! What next,those silly shaker weights....I like to roll around with a bottle...of wine,takes away my leg pain instantly.

E

Jolie said...

OMG Aunt E!!! LOL!!
I should have asked you for roller advice instead of taking on the Holy Roller!!!!