Wednesday, March 30, 2011

{I'm with the band}



Riv's heart belongs to his candy apple red electric guitar.
This guitar was bought with money that River had been saving.
Purchase price was $200 (used), but the love that Riv has for it is priceless.



He has been going around school spreading the word that he is starting a band and looking for recruits.
As of yesterday, he had these positions filled:
 lead vocals, bass guitar, electric guitar/vocal back-ups (Riv), drums (2 peeps fighting over the spot), and cowbell/maracas/tambourine/biggest fan (mom)
Step 2 is getting the "band" together for a "jam" session.
((I can't help but giggle at the thoughts of this band round up))

Apparently, all new recruits will have to play music from the hard hitters like:
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Guns -N- Roses
Jimi Hendrix
AND some original written songs
If they are not willing to do some head bangin', riff running, and microphone screaming til their lungs give out....
then they will be kicked out!!!!
Because that's just ROCK-N-ROLL baby!!!!

What????
You want to know the name of the band?!!?
Well, Riv has done a lot of background checks for copyrights on this name, and everything is coming back clear!!!
(because Riv does everything proper and legally)

His band name is.........
((((((drum roll please))))))

GRID FACE

I will keep you abreast of the adventures of Grid Face, and possibly try to video a few jam sessions for your rock-n-roll entertainment ;)

This will be verrrrrrry interesting.
Luckily, I'm already partially deaf in my right ear
due to my jr.high/high school days of being a band-aid to 
teenage garage bands....
OH NO!!!!!
Memories are flooding through my head!!!
Guys in a band = Girls going goo goo gah gah.
Good thing I am the manager of Grid Face......
Rules will be enforced!
This aint my first rock-n-roll rodeo!!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be his first official Grid Face groupie!! Rock on Riv.

E

Aunt T said...

Hey! Love the name, Riv! Hope you weren't inspired by any faces U know (yikes!) :(
LOL

paula said...

LMAO! "Hope you weren't inspired by any faces you know." OMH....I love it.

Also "partially deaf in my right ear from your jr. high/high school days..." Yeah right Jol-unless you count the last 10 years as your jr. high/high school days.

I love it! I can't wait to hear all about their progress. I have some rockin nieces that are into music if they need any chics in the band. I want to be the seamstress for the band....(did you all break out into song when you read that?)

They're gonna be famous...I got a feeling about this and by the time he goes on his first tour my kids should be old enough to leave for a little bit...ha ha :)

Chelise said...

Oh! I am sooo in as the back up singer dancer......

Mom, we need "Grid Face" shirts! Can you hook us up??

Anonymous said...

I love the name, but all I can think of to put on the shirt is a picture of Hannibal Lector with the name GRID FACE under it. EEEEEWWWWW

E