Friday, March 11, 2011

{worried}


The devastation of the Japan quake has me in a state of  melancholy today.

But most of all, I am worried about my Aunt T.
Her little summer vacation to Hawaii comes with potential hazard.
I received this email from her about 4 hours ago:

Don't worry too much.
The news has been forcasting a 6 ft. "Tsunami wrap" around all the islands, impacting Oahu first. I texted Julee. She's ok up in Aiea Heights--on a hill. We are about 1/2 mile off beach up the hill in Wailea, Maui. We haven't been evacuated yet but are on high alert.
I don't think we are in any imminent danger. However, I will be sleeping with my snorkel mask and fins on. I have packed my beach bag with Gatorade and choco-macadamia nuts, oh, and sunscreen. :)
All my souveniers I bought are in a life raft with a note attatched. I am wearing my newest swimsuit in case I have an accident. ;)
If I happen to get washed away, please pay my cell phone bill by 3/20 so I don't get a late fee.
P.S.: I LOVE YOU, and am sorry about not being a very good listener.
P.S.S: Don't call me, cuz I can't hear my phone above the several hundred sirens droning on every 5 minutes (very annoying!) Sure glad I came here for summer camp this year. I will die TAN! :)
XOXO
All My LoVe,
Tracy Carol :*

Please keep Aunt T and all of the people along the coast in your thoughts and prayers.......

2 comments:

paula said...

She was the first person I thought of when I heard the news this morning. Glad to hear she's ok....and still has her funny sense of humor. Can't wait to hear all about it in person when she gets home.

Anonymous said...

03/12/2011

I woke up before 6:00AM, as I recall. My radio was already on blaring about the quake/tsunami event. You'd never have thought I had crippled knees, the way I flew out of bed and was deciding on best way to organize family clan into a fast plan of action--SCAREE!

Japan! So Sad! But at least their gov't and their citizenry has prepared best they can -- not like so many destitute, helpless, exploitive nations of this world.
GGB