Tuesday, March 15, 2011

{A smile that makes my day}



A couple of weeks ago, we received a letter from River's school inviting us to an awards breakfast.
River was chosen as 7th grade student of the month for March.
River's picture is in the school's hallway display case :)



I was thankful that the breakfast was an hour before first bell.
The hallways get so crazy and crowded with kids screaming, hugging, running, farting, etc.
River was thankful we were alone in the hallway because I kept snapping pictures.
EM.BAR.ASS.ING MOM!




The faculty put on a YUMMY spread with homemade wheat cinnamon rolls, fresh fruits and milk.


One boy and one girl is chosen from each grade (7,8,9)



River received a plaque with his name, a bag full of goodies and a  book that has written words of appreciation, encouragement and kudo's from each one of his teachers.
Everyone of them made a comment on River's positive attitude and the smile that he walks into the classroom with.  One teacher wrote that "his smile makes her day" :)


His smile makes my day(s) too.


Yep....that's my boy!







6 comments:

paula said...

Oh-congrats Riv! I hope my kids can be as wonderful as he is. I love him.

CJACRUN said...

What a champion! Great job River, and super parents.

segura2salazar said...

Way to go, Riv!!!! Way to be a proud momma and raise a great son!!

Chelise said...

I want one of those cinnamon rolls! Hope you snagged one for me?? Congrats, my star child! I am so proud of you and just to reiterate the truth, your smile lights up my day too! :)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

DIYYO DITTO DITTO !! I love and respect you Riv. Keep up the great work.

E

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the miss spelling of words. I need a manicure SOOO bad!!
River is Da Man.

Auntie E