Saturday, March 5, 2011

{Come on baby kite my flier}




Never too old to experience the feeling of lift off.


There are times that I can see their faces change/mature right before my eyes.


I get "whoa'd" by how striking they are......
a good haircut* always helps too :)

*Jax had been working on the "waver" hair-do with the bangs that hang across one eye, and down to the chin.
Since he has 50% African American blood and hair texture, the waver-do.....
DIDN'T
"Chopity chop chop!!!",  Momma yelled!!
I couldn't take the Brillo pad anymore!!!!
I let him leave length on top and we are embracing his beautiful curls at a proper length.
Riv was working on the "I don't give a shit what I look like" hair-do.
"Buzz high and tight!", Momma yelled!!!
I couldn't take the shag carpet anymore!!!!!
He shed a good 10 lbs off of his thick rug-head! 
He has THE best cowlick in the universe!





4 comments:

Megan said...

I think kite flying is one of the essentials of youth. I need to fly a kite more often...

Hey, I am going to be in your part of the country. We should do dinner.

Jolie said...

Absolutely Megan!!!
I would looooove to!
You just let me know when you are available, and I WILL BE THERE!

Thinking of you...... :)

paula said...

Yes-I love the cowlick on Riv too. I'm glad you kept Jax's sweet curls up top....I really like them on him. I think this hairstyle is a nice change for him.

Anonymous said...

The Momma's out there better lock up their daughters, Jax and Riv are on the loose. The Kite flying looks fun but cold...and windy.Janin and I would go buy a kite for ten cents, spend an hour putting it together, then it would fly right into telephone wires!!We were not good pilots.

E