Sunday, August 30, 2009

{Dude! You just gotta jump!}
We decided to take the boys back to Timpanogos Cave up American Fork canyon.
We haven't been to the cave since the boys were 4 & 5 years old.   We were excited to take them now, at an age that they would respect the caves, and walk it ALL on their own!
As we approach the fee shack, we see a BIG sign saying, "All Timp Cave tours SOLD OUT!"
I was so bummed that I didn't get to walk 2 miles uphill in 97 degrees with crowds of out-a-towners!
Plan B: Drive through the beautiful canyon to Tibblefork Lake........
 
Where the boys immediately ran to the water, and eventually took their shoes and socks off, and got their feet wet with the snow runoff.......cccaaaaahhhhooolllllddddd!!!!!
This is also just a mile away where Randy purposed to me over 20 years ago!
Zip noticed Camp Williams coming up as we were on our way home.
He begged for us to stop so that they could run all over and pretend to drive the vehicles.

Everyone was having a great time.......that is until................






My kids' noggin was used as a pin cushion!!!
Poor Riv had a shoot out with the Wasp family!!!!!
They attatcked his head!  And I mean, swarms.....I couldn't even count how many.
He was screaming from 14 feet on top of a tank.
All I could do to help is yell,
"DUDE! YOU JUST GOTTA JUMP!!!!!"
And he did........
Only a few stings........could have been a lot worse :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You were so stinkin close to our house! Give us a call sometime and we will hang out when you are down this way!

paula said...

That sucks! What does he look like today? Swollen? Looks like fun.....besides the wasps.

Chelise said...

One word.....BENEDRYL! Oh, and maybe one more, F@#!.

Jolie said...

Hey Em....I was thinking about you that day. I will for sure come visit....I want to see your amazing house.
xoxo