Saturday, August 22, 2009



{Nostalgic fun}
Friday afternoon, me, the boys and my mo-in-law Carol, headed 120 miles West to the Nevada state line......
WENDOVER!!!!!!!
God I love/hate that place! (for financial reasons)


The small town has a very modge-podge park that seems to have kept original equipment from decades past.
When was the last time you saw one of these double swingers??????

Who doesn't freakin' LOVE the merry-go-round????
One of my childhood fav's!
I puke and pee when I spin on it now.....getting old sucks!



'Eh Boo Boo! What do you think is in this pininic basket????'
Looks like Yogi has a tar nasal drip issue

And the big Caterpillar truck tires are always fun to mawl.

It was fun to play with the boys on the simplistic toy yard. They asked why they don't get to have playgrounds like this one.......

My answer was, "because child laws are in place to protect children from broken arms, chipped teeth, gravel rash, and constant needs for tetanus shots. Something I like to call 'kids in a bubble syndrome"

Livin' on the dangerous side of the playground....damn! Those were the days!

1 comment:

Chelise said...

Jol- You are cracking me up! Yes, I agree. The "bubble syndrome" has definitely affected the play areas of all our children! Man, the Merry-Go-Round is kick ass! Looks like the boys had some great fun, steppin back in time to the good ol days, when a park was the perfect set up for broken limbs, teeth, etc. What has this world come to???