Thursday, August 6, 2009

{I once was lost....but now I'm newly found}










Meet Chelsea. Her and I now are bonded by diamonds and gold.
I found her ad on CraigsList.
I was looking for used kayaks....thought I'd give a try at the used ads for a ring.
I had pretty much made up my mind that I would continue to wear fake jewels from now on.......I just am having a hard time trusting myself with valuables.
She was selling her wedding set.
I came across the ad....and for some reason was struck.
No, the ring isn't a knockout 3 carat, and it wasn't at a knockout price...
I think that is what caught my attention.
The pretty simplicity of it.
We started communicating over email, then phone.
I found out the ring is 10 months old.....almost new!
Her AND her husband both lost their jobs right after buying the ring.
And they have a two year old son named Jay-Jay.
Times are tough to say the least.
They need to file bankruptcy, and don't even have the money to pay the lawyer to start proceedings.
Chelsea said that she has cried many times when she looks at her ring, knowing that it was the only thing they owned of value.......and it would have to go.
I told her of my sad, but true story. Somewhere between our word exchange...We both knew we were sent to each other.

We met this evening at the Gateway.

She is beautiful and young....her baby is a cutie pie...and her husband a very clean cut gentleman.

I was relieved to witness the energy this ring came from. It is good and loving.
They were relieved to see the future it was going to.


See......this ring isn't just an in-adamant object that came from a stranger. It has history, love, and a story. A story that makes me want to take good care of it, not take it for granted, and appreciate that it has, and will always be loved. I gave that promise to Chelsea as we parted with tears in her eyes.
The ring looks different to me now........
I know the circle it stands for in one woman helping another.
Final note: Randy is happy that there is a ring on my finger to piss on his territory again. Ah mens!

4 comments:

dead999 said...

what a way to fit into a beautiful
expression of gratitude. I am so very happy for you.DAD____}}}

Tracy said...

ROCK ON, Girlfriend! What goes around comes around, right? :)

Aunt T.

Chelise said...

I'm all teary eyed!:) I love that this rings' story has a happy ending, and is on a beautiful hand, connected to a beautiful heart! I'm very happy for you....

Amie said...

That is truly amazing! I absolutely love the ring but more importantly I love the story behind it! The sacrifice that Chelsea made and the fate that brought you two together all because this ring was destined to be yours.