Monday, August 24, 2009

{You get what you pay for!!! And I'm a cheap ass!}
Well, where do I start???
Last year I made picture albums online through WalFart.
Got them back and Randy's head is cut off of about 3 pics, and some of the others were distorted and made us look long faced.
I bitched about it then!!!!
So yesterday, I must have needed drama and a fire to fuel my PMS.......Cuz you know, I just don't have any of that in my normal day to day life...right?
I spent hours scanning in old pics so that I could make a hard copy on a disk.  I also wanted a few reprinted, so I sent them off to WalDork's one hour photo.
Excitedly at 11 am this morning, I was at the counter asking for my photos......
To which I was told by the 17 year old photo Nazi, "NO."
She needed a copyright signature from the studio that took the pictures....now mind you, most of these are 20+ years old!!!
"How in the hell do you expect me to get a signature from a place that is out of business???" I ask.
"I don't know mam, it's the law.  There is nothing I can do." (she was really pushing it now! mam? does she know the fragile person she is dealing with?)
"OK FINE!!!!  But this is so rediculous!!!!! Are you sure you can't just slip them in with the others?" I ask, turning my bitch voice into a nice soft helpless mam.
"Nope sorry."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These pictures have MY face. Doesn't that legally make them MINE??!!??
After walking away from what could have been a bloody scene if I wouldn't have controlled my outburst, I start looking at the photos I was ALLOWED to take.
Yep, it happened again!!!!  Heads cut off, grainy, and oblonged faces.
When will I face the fact that WalSuck will ALWAYS jack up my photos?????.....I'm a frugal hard head. Yes Randy, I admitted it!

5 comments:

paula said...

I feel your pain. I hate Walmart too. I have made a vow again to stay out of that store....as soon as I use up the $50 store credit I have. Try snapfish for your photos books instead. The prices are comparable to Walhell.

Amie said...

All I can do is laugh! Sorry! Take a picture of your picture and then print it off yourself can't be any worse than effin wally worlds F up!

Chelise said...

That EFFIN SUCKS! Well, what the hell! What the F are you supposed to do?? Apparently, Walmart's policy is iron clad...Get a EFFIN second opinion Dammit!! We are PMSing at the same time, cause I want to rip that frickin girl's head off!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL!!!!! This is so true! I feel like I turn into such a mean person when I go to the WAll-i!!! Once again, you managed to make my day! I'm so sorry that this happened to you...you know what? My sister is a photographer, go to Sams club or Costco from now on to do your pictures...They aren't much more expensive than walmart and they use fuji film paper...the best of the best! We never have problems with them. Maybe they won't be such a-holes about the whole copyright thing...Those damn Walmartians!

Unknown said...

Next time tell them it was your dads studio that took the pics, and he has since passed away. (sorry Dal, have to use someone.) You are the legel representitive of his estate. They should have copy right realeases to sign there at the photo counter. I used some BS excuse like that on one of the kids pictures we duplicated at Wal-Farts sister...Sams. Cant stand either place.