Sunday, August 23, 2009

{Just call him Ralphie}


The coming of age for a boy.......
Don't they all HAVE to have a Red Ryder BB Gun?????


The dude behind the counter at Big 5 was a bit concerning to me........
Does he REALLY look like someone emotionally stable enough to be handling fire arms???? His personality was that of a grown man that is still resentful of high school, and all of the toilet swirlies endured.
Hey! I'm just sayin'.....

Riv immediately noticed that his gun was exactly like Uncle Justins! His chest puffed up talking about it :)
AND Randy wanted me to mention to Mike, something like, "Look Mike....Riv has safely glasses on". Must be an inside, had to be there statement?!?!?
I just do what I'm told.


Yes, my 11 year old boy has had testosterone running thick through his veins today....
Lot's of grunting, strutting, and self praise for what a great aim he is :)
I love these moments!


5 comments:

Chelise said...

Hey!!! I thought we were going with an OCTO-ARM?? How we end up with a BB gun?? I am very glad he is wearing his safty goggles, for we all don't want to EVER utter "you shot your eye out"...Congrats, Pop, on another completed step into manhood..Although, I don't want to see you there too soon, OK??

Anonymous said...

One more major step towards manhood! I love it! The little dude has a chick, a gun.....what next.....armpit hair?

Unknown said...

Riv, always keep the glasses on around your dad. He's a terrible shot. If it werent for my saftey glasses, well I'd be blind in my left eye. Yeah thanks Rand, that was a bright idea! I'll let you explain to the boys. BTW I think we were like 13 and 14. Old enough to know, yet just too damn dumb!

Unknown said...

all is fun and games until some one loses a NUT

Amie said...

The no namer once again was me! Sorry!