Wednesday, January 20, 2010

{12 minutes = heartache}



A couple Friday's ago, I picked up the new Shine Down CD.
There are certain songs and artists that make me want to crank the radio, go into my own world, and drive.
This CD has all the makings of me road-tripping for days.
I called Paula, and expressed my desire to rockout on the black top, and she was feeling the same runaway emotion.
At that point, I  had to find a way for Paula and I to do what band-aids love to do.
I knew that Aaron Lewis, front man of the band STAIND, was going to be in concert at the Wendover concert hall, but I had assumed that we wouldn't get tickets on such short notice.
Well, whata-you know????
Botta bing, botta bang!
We got the last two!
(Or so the ticket agent said.  She is a big fat fibber)
HELL YAH!!!!!!
I call Paula and say, "girlfriend!  be ready to rock it out with Aaron Lewis tomorrow night!"
and Paula said, "girlfriend!  you just let me know what time you want me ready!"

Saturday came......and we were heading out to the West desert.



If you live in the SL valley, you HAVE to experience this concert venue.
It has ruined me to go anywhere else!
The acoustics are so amazing, and you can hear everything he says......and he can hear everything the audience says.
Some loud mouth chick just couldn't contain herself anymore.  It was like watching someone with an instant turrets affliction. 
Yelling at Aaron, she said,
"YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!!"
He heard her and commented, "some people say the darndest things" with a chuckle.
Like, I'm so sure!!!!! 
Don't women act like ladies anymore???
Oh.....wait............it's coming back to me now.
Yah....that was me....hu hu hu, sorry.

Aaron sang songs we knew from the radio and others that seemed to have been written from a small basement bedroom where bongs lined the wall.
He talked a lot about smokin' a "big hog leg" in his bus.
I'm totally not a pot smoker*, but he did make it sound fun.
*tried pot when I was young.  didn't work for me.  made me sick.  kept trying it anyway.  kept making me sick.  finally gave up trying to be a dope head.




This picture is supposed to have captured the girly behind us in the cinched undersized corset.
All we got was some kind of alien pose on my face.
Also makes me realize that I need to replace those silver fillings with white.  How tacky!
You may need to turn away...it is kinda frightening.



Remember my good buddy Dave????  The f**kin' New Yorker???
We bumped into him and his wife Janet.
We hung out for a bit after the show.
After a good rock concert, you gotta take boobie pics.
Hey! I didn't make the rules.
I just follow them.
It's in the ROCK God's ten commandments.

After parting with them, Paula and I noticed people lined up by a gate.
We knew what this meant!!!!!  Aaron Lewis could come thru that gate at any moment and invite us on to his tour bus.  He would want to sing us special songs that have never been heard by another human being.....because we, are just that special!
Oh, the fantasies that swim through our pathetic female minds.
While our toes, fingers and nose tips are showing signs of frostbite, we strike up conversation with another couple that are waiting.  They were true blue "butt rockers" from the 80's and follow other washed up hair bands.  The husband, a Gene Simmons look-a-like, tried to impress us by remote starting his Pontiac Beretta that glowed with neon undercage lights.
The wife, was around my age and a real nice person.
Paula and I were shaking from freezing temps, and had to pee so bad, that I could barely walk.
We asked the rocker chick to take our number and call us if Aaron comes out.  We just couldn't hang any longer.
The next morning we run unto the rocker man and wife team.
Ok......wait!  Ready for this?????  Cuz it still just chaps my hide and makes me want to throw up.
ahhhhhhhhhh.....I can do this.
Our new friends explained how exactly 12 minutes after we left, Aaron came out and signed autographs and took pictures in front of his bus.
They called us.
We didn't hear the ring.
We missed our opportunity.


I will leave you with that.
My 12 minutes = heartache.

P.S.  Sorry Madison....this was a 21 and older concert....but I was thinking about you. 

4 comments:

paula said...

It still makes me cry just thinking about it. Thanks for the ROCKIN time!

paula said...

oh yeah-and I believe it was actually, "You rock my world Aaron!"

paula said...

one more thing....the wife is now my friend on facebook. she is our connection with the real rockers she knows.....just wait until slaughter comes into town again!

Chelise said...

I miss out on everything! I can't take it any more!!! I am Moving....