Tuesday, January 26, 2010

{The bearded lady follow-up}



I found the perfect tool to remove facial hair!!!!
YAY!!!!!!




I owe it to my Aunt T. who has one of every type of cosmetic product/gadget.
Her recommendation and demo won me over.
It is EXACTLY what I was looking for.



Emjoi EpiSlim
Looks a little like something you could buy at the Blue Boutique.  Even takes batteries.




The top has rotating tweezers that rip the hair out from the root. Surprisingly, it isn't very painful. 
Much better than waxing.  Waxing stretches skin and makes us sag.  It can leave bumps and even oozing, ouchy skinless strips.
Much better than shaving.  Shaving leaves blunt, sharp ends, doesn't last but a few hours, can rash your face, and WOMEN just shouldn't shave their face!!!!!!  Our skin is to fragile and thin.




It looks like a men's electric shaver and you use it in a similar way.
What I really like about it, is that you can determine how much hair you take out my how close you get to your skin.   I actually like to have some soft, sparse hairs on my face.  I was able to "thin" out the fuzz and get the end result that I was looking for.  But, if you did want a totally hairless face, you could do that too.

GIRLS!!!!!!  These are a MUST!!!
~No Asian family salon involved for humiliation.
~No looking in your review and noticing that the sun accentuates your stache.
~Grabs all those little chin hairs at once!
~You can use it on your brows and pits too!
~Affordable!!!

Aunt T. bought hers at Walgreens for $20.
I bought mine at Sallys for $22.  (I think mine has a few more "tweezers" in it)

If I could just give one more suggestion:
Do not epi in front of your luvah.
They will look at you in horror, and any feminine joy they get from you, is now clouded by them watching you extracting hairs from your face in a masculine manner.

Sorry Randy. 
I hope your eyesight and libido come back soon.


4 comments:

Megan said...

So if it extracts the hair from your face, how does it grow back? It scares me. Matt's grandma had a full on five o'clock shadow and it always kinda gave me the heebees. Let me know what the regrowth on that is.

Anonymous said...

OOOWWWW, that looks painful,I tried an Epilady once,it yanks the hair right out by the root.

Auntie E

T-Pain said...

Ohhh, quit being such a big BOOB, Elise! Beauty=PAIN.

Anonymous said...

Face it, we are yetties!! Our genetics dictate that we are hairy scary Marys.and no matter what we do, it will always GROW BACK.

Hot and Hairy in Phx