Tuesday, January 12, 2010



{Hey Ice!!! 
YOU and ME 12:30....playground
BE THERE!}



At around 12:45, I get a call from Jax's teacher.
She is in a panic because he had duked it out with an ice chunk on the playground.
She said he was running and fell flat on his face.
It was already swelling and she was concerned about a head injury and possible stitches.

I took a deep breath, called the pediatrician, and walked out the door.
One of the things I've learned about motherhood is that kids are going to get hurt, and sometimes even scarred for life.  There are situations that are out of any one's control.  So, after an accident has happened, the child looks to his parent for emotion in the situation.
It is very important for the parent to stay calm, loving, and deal with the wounds logically.

The teacher apparently doesn't live by the same philosophy as I do. She's a "freaker outer".
Jax's injuries were not as "life threatening" as she had explained.
I was relieved, but still took him to the doctor for a look over.
The doctor was thankful that Jax came in...if for nothing else but to give her some belly laughs.  She thinks Jax is the cat's meow and gets a kick out of his humor.

Doctor's findings:
No fractures
No stitches
Yes, slight concussion
Yes, potential awesome shiner!
Yes, growing like the jolly mocha giant!

Aunt E called last night to check on my lil' man.
In her truest one liner forms, says:
"I don't know why he has so much swelling, he had ice on it"

P.S.  My hell!!  Looking at this picture makes me realize that the dude has some brow issues going on!  Can you say Groucho Marx!  What to do about this one?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell he is a man let it be. you silly girl LOve ya dad

paula said...

I was just going to leave a comment that said "oh poor boy." Then I read your Dad's and now I just have to laugh. Hey-we have to get our babying in while they will still let us. So......kiss that shiner on his adorable little face from Aunt Paula.