Monday, January 25, 2010

{The bearded lady}



I'm getting old people.
My hormones are all out of whack.
Me thinks me a pubescent boy.
I'm growing a fu-man-chu.




I've always had a small bit of facial hair.
The kind that I thought just made my face look soft.
The peach fuzz has gained momentum.
Starting from the lip, and climbing around the jaw and even up into the temple area.
And I only project the worst to come.






At this point, it is still blonde, but who knows when it's going to go Madonna on my ass, and show up in dark 1/2 inch whiskers.
(oh God!  I hope it doesn't mutate onto my ass too!)





I have my own waxing set up, and religiously wax my fuzz brows weekly.
The side effect is that I ALWAYS wax off a strip of lid skin.
OOOUUUUCHHHH!!!!
Yah, it gets oozy and hurts.  A & D cream heals the wound within 48 hours.
I don't think it's worth taking a chance on loosing a vital part of my face by waxing......lid skin is one thing.....an entire lip is another!

Things I need an upper lip for:
Talking
Eating
Lip stick
Elvis impersonation
To not scare small children, etc.

  I've decided to look into hair removal alternatives.
I'm going to Sally's this afternoon to buy one of these epicare coils.
Have you ever tried anything like this?
I will give you my feed back after I de-fuzz my mug.
I'm scared.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Once Claar talked me into going to one of those crazy nail shops run by the Asian "famlies" to get my eyebrows done. The girl did my brows then said "you berry, harry woman, I do your lip one dollar more." Wow. That was an ego booster...

paula said...

WOW-I never noticed that about Madonna....I've never noticed it about you either. Even when you pointed it out the other night. I think you are delusional and paranoid about this. The epicare thingee sounds uber painful. Does it pull the hairs out with little coils? Can't wait to hear about this experience. Good Luck.

Chelise said...

DON'T DO IT! Pull up your big girl panies and bust out the razor! You may shave like a man, but you won't looka like one!

LOL,LOL!

You so funny!

Megan said...

That coil thing scares me. I wouldn't dare do it. Every once in a while I get a glimpse of myself in my rearview mirror (the worst possible place right?) And i think good lord how come no one told me... I have had the threading done a few times. It was cool and painfree but I am unable to achieve the same results at home. LEAVE IT TO THE PROS!... good luck. You are not alone in this fight.

Tracy said...

I AM a pro and trust me...when it comes to battling the Bearded Lady, I have tried it all except for permanent Laser treatments--which is a waste of time & money for us blondies because it only really attacks Dark pigmented hair. The Empoi Epi-Tweezer is fast, cheap and relatively painless as concurred by by hairy nemesis-niece.
However, if you feel the need to subject yourself to a painful, humiliating waxing session, I have some numbers of the "family" salons.
Lol ;)}