Friday, January 29, 2010

{I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I ride...}



Wanted......dead or alive.


Do you remember when this little naughty album came out??
All of the media and paranoid parents were sooooo scared for their children's morality.
This cover was banned across the country.

Just made me want it more!!!!!!!!!!!!




I knew EVERY word, EVERY song, EVERY move, and could swear that I could smell Jon Bon Jovi through the TV and feel him in my dreams.
I copied his hair style.
For Real!
This was all for Jon.
I had visions of what our life would be like together.
Having jam sessions in our rocked out front room.
Drinking and laughing with Richie Sambora and his woman, who would of course be MY best friend.
He would only have eyes for me among the sea of women throwing themselves at him.
Our children would carry on the same tousled, Aqua Net hair style.
I was 15.

24 years later.......
Jon Bon Jovi can still rock my world.

So you can imagine my breathless excitement,  when my Auntie E called yesterday with some very important information.
She would need me to meet her at the NEW Aria Hotel in Vegas the weekend of March 6th.
Two tickets to Bon Jovi were waiting in will call.

Need I say more?

Wahooooo!!! 
I'm going to Vegas...I'm going to see Bon Jovi....I'm doing sit-ups.....I'm going to Vegas....I'm going to wear killer heels....I'm going to see Jon.....I'm not eating carbs.....I'm going to Vegas......I'm taking donations.......I'm going to Vegas.....


My Auntie E. hooks me up yo!

3 comments:

paula said...

This truly pains me. I.AM.SO.JEALOUS. Aunt E-do you really want to go to this or do you want to turn your ticket over to me....come on...

Anonymous said...

Paula,you know how much I love you, but Chelise threw a screaming fit,said she would hold her breath til she turned blue if I didn't give her the other golden ticket...so I caved and now she and Jolie are going to BonJovi,I will have to sit at Carnival Court waiting for them to get out of the concert. But if you want to come and sit with me that would be great!!

Auntie E

Chelise said...

Freakin Freak Yeah! WE ARE GOING TO BON JOVI!!! I can honestly say that my Momma Rocks and so do Jolie and I's Air Guitar!! We've been practicing our whole lives for this night.....

Paula-
I have even mentioned it to all parties involved that we purchase 2 tickets and split it between all o us.....but, the tics started at $110.00. How can I ease your pain?? Can you come anyway?? UH!