Thursday, December 17, 2009

{The cast of Christmas past}


Christmas 2004
Twas the year I received my first digital camera.
The one I continue to love and use to this day.
I'm not sure why I only took 3 pictures that year, considering the overwhelming excitement of my new Cannon Elph!
Boy how times have changed!!!!!
5 years later........
Thousands of pics (I've made you all pose for) and a blog (I've made you all read).....
Lil' Elph is my right hand man!


I remember these days like they have passed in minutes....not years.

~The toys that the boys had wished for,
~The sound of Jax screaming....because he liked to kill me slowly, but also because he too got a camera.
~River, with a train obsession.....I mean OB-SESS-ION, received a full motorized train and track. (one of many throughout the years). 
Hogwart's Express. 
Harry Potter was the IN thing.
 But still just wanted Thomas the Tank Engine.
~Taking Jax to emergency on Christmas Eve because his little bones fractured while wrestling on the floor with Randy the night before.




You all know Jax,....especially in those days before shock therapy (just kidding, although the thought crossed my mind)
.....he was very dramatic and loud!
When he started freaking out about his arm, we chalked it up to one of his "going postal" moments.  He did a lot of crying wolf.
The next morning, I noticed that not only was he still whining, but he wasn't using that arm at all.
"Ohhhhh shit!  I think I should take him in." I say to Randy.
Now, both of us feeling like the biggest piece of crap parents ever!!
1~Randy being the breaker of the arm
2~Me making my kid suffer ALL night.
Yep, we were parents of the year alright. Thank God that year was almost over!
"Merry Christmas kid...here's a broken arm....courtesy of your fabulous parents!"


The doctor put on a make-shift cast to get us through the Christmas Holiday.
Jax was proud of it.....sometimes used it against us as a weapon....but ya know, we all survived.

Isn't it something to look back and wonder how we did it.....and know that through the love, loss and pain, we can survive.
These are the moments of our lives.  We must live them for the memories, as time takes us under it's control.

Time....my best friend the enemy.


3 comments:

paula said...

The thought at the end is so true. I remember this Christmas of yours...is it really possible that the boys looked so young back then? It seems like yesterday until I look at how much they've changed and then I realize the passage of time....It made me vaklempt.

Unknown said...

Well, this just proves we are related. Jason and I let Madison go for a full week after she fell from the top of the house boat, little did we know, our 3 year old had broken her wrist...they are fine, and better for the "tough it up" lessons!

Chelise said...

OMG! Riv is such a little cherub! Look at those faces! I can't believe that much time has passed! Seems like yesterday when I got the call that Randy had broke Jax's arm...We laughed..(you how we have the disorder of laughter when people get hurt or crosses fall on caskets!" Seems like yesterday!