Thursday, December 17, 2009

{making my hair feel loved}


These are a few pretties that I've made.
Some have old earrings, peacock feathers, and  small adornments.
Others are very simple with a flower on a clip.
The top right was a beaded pin I found....it's now one of my favs!
Top left was an old, heavy, I think sterling silver earring.  I love the blue jewel in the middle.
I want to get some turquoise and purples too.
Of course, there are many adventurous hair styles that will work with these when my hair is down too.
These are so much fun for me to make...but even MORE exciting to wear!
They make me feel like I've stepped up my outfit or hair style a couple notches.
Today I wore the poinsettia along with jeans and a hoodie while running errands.
Totally spiced up a typical sloppy outfit.
I received so many compliments and inquiries while shopping.
(yes, a lot were from the older ladies, but apparently they had good taste!)
What would you think if you saw someone wearing these?

4 comments:

paula said...

Umm...can I have one made out of the other blue earring? Love it! Also-I want one of the feathered red numbers.

Unknown said...

I would think, "hum, wish she was my wonderful cousin and would make me one for my birthday coming up next month..." LOL. They are amazing!

Jolie said...

Rock on! Good answer Em!
I've got a lil' somethin' somethin' design in mind for you...

Chelise said...

Did a messy bun yesterday....was thinking to myself "sure wish I had a pretty to spice this up a bit!"