Friday, December 18, 2009


{Stop groping me, I have to cook}

I received an LDS ward cookbook from the Jackmans.
It was dedicated to my Aunt Janin.
I wanted to scan and post her dedication page, and well......it's just too hard emotionally.
Maybe another time.




Janin's cookbook got me thinking about the other Mormon cookbooks I have in my cupboard.
I was the lucky one to receive my Grandma Jorgenson's books.
They were loved and used by all family members when helping at Grandma's.
I got a craving for the cookies that me and my cousins used to make weekly.....
NO BAKE COOKIES.
Ya know, the ones with a butt load of sugar, butter, chocolate, oatmeal, and coconut?!?! And, you don't bake them? duh?
Who doesn't love these pile of calories that resemble poop on wax paper???
Everything about them take me back to my childhood.
Makes me miss my grandparents and their home.
Grandma loved me.
I knew it to be true.

Ok....getting sappy and off subject....
Anywho!!!! The main point I was getting at, is......
LOOK at this cookbook cover!!!!!!
Printed in 1978.
No....really look at the cover.
Who thought of this one?
A man loving his wife from behind.....
The wife turning her head away as if she was saying, "oh no....I just couldn't..."
And the hilarious title of the book,
KISSIN' WEARS OUT....
COOKIN DON'T
What does that mean?
What are they trying to tell Mormon housewives?
That your husband will probably get sick of you someday, but by-darned it, he will never get sick of yer cookin!?!?!
Ah....the good ol' days!

(I love my grandma's faded handwriting on the cover...."biscuits 83".  I assumed that 83 meant the page number.  Nope. All pies on page 83.  Still don't know what it means.  Do you dad?)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing....testing

Unknown said...

I loved Grandmas recipes! before she died I went through some and copied all I wanted! I have used so many. I loved her rice pudding, bread pudding, m made me hungry and miss both grandma and grandpa and no bake cookies! lol I still makem! How are you? I have been so busy I have been seriously neglecting my blog and reading, need to. Have you seen my business site??? Its closer to done! And getting orders!
Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

The cookbook we got from LakePoint is so great,I think those girls are on to something...Jello!!

Auntie E

Chelise said...

Where the hell is my cookbook??!! What a girl gotta do to get her hands on that HOT item??

My motto! THE way to my heart is thru my stomache......Justin, you are doing a fine job winning my heart!

(He's the cook in our family!)