Thursday, December 3, 2009

{Next year.....who's with me?}



Dad had his annual gig of volunteering for the Festival of Trees.
They put him in the Kids Korner to help with 'jolly jingles' arts and crafts.
Not sure what they were thinking.....
Now! Put dad on scone/sweet roll duty in the snack shack, and he you've got a shining star!
Dad actually did good, and seemed to enjoy himself for the 2 days he was scheduled.



I walked into the South Towne Expo, and immediately was in the spirit of giving.
You can't see the investments of time, money and love, without it all effecting your heart.
ALL....and I mean every penny of the proceeds, are donated to Primary Children's Hospital.
Most of these trees are in dedication to loved ones who have passed.
A characteristic of the loved one is generally the theme of the decorations.
Next year, I want to make a tree in honor of Aunt Janin and one for Damon too.  {Paula, think about doing one for you niece.}
Is anyone with me?  I could use the input and help.  We have a lot of talent in our family, and I know we could make some kick ass 'love trees'.
Of course, a Lake Powell tree comes to mind for Aunt J.



This tree was one of my favs.
Made for a little girl named Lucy.



Riv was in awe of the Star Wars trees.
The quad-trees and all of the original figurines were being sold for $12,900!!!!
I sure hope some rich geek buys this....it would make a great donation!
Riv wanted it so bad that he said I could use his college fund!!!
Uhhhhhh......I said no.


I took all of these with my camera phone......
Not the best quality.



The "Thrilling" tree
Inspired by M.J.


Gotta have a Harley tree





Just some examples of what they have....
Check it out.  It's a cheap family activity.
$4/adults  $3/children
There is a boutique with awesome hand crafted items.....
Santa,
Fudge, cookies, scones, sweet rolls,
and most importantly,
the healing trees,
for past and future lives.

1 comment:

paula said...

Oh-I love the festival of trees. It is so heart warming and it usually makes me bawl. I have actually thought of doing one for my niece almost each year but I never get around to it. I think we should for sure do some next year. If we start getting the ornaments right now I bet we can have a good collection by this time next year without spending a ton of money. OOH-let's hit the after Christmas sales for those.